(Topic ID: 34660)

Fish Tales Cabinet bottom needs replacement - any tips?

By boo32

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BoJo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

As I reached down to turn on my fishtales, I could feel that the edge of the cabinet bottom was hangin below the side of the cabinet. Closer inspection shows that the bottom is sagging in the middle and some of the sides of the bottom are hanging below the sides of the cabinet. Are the cabinet bottoms held on by glue or are there hardware pieces holding them in place? Does anyone sell a replacement cabinet bottom or will I have to make something that fits?

#2 11 years ago

The cabinet bottom sits in a routed channel that goes all the way around the lower cabinet.

You either have to remove the lip on the channel, replace the floor, and reinstall the lip using glue and brads, or you have to remove the front or back, cut the old bottom out, and slide a new one in.

Either way, I don't know of any sources to buy a new cabinet floor, you'll have to cut your own.

#3 11 years ago

Ouch, that's a bummer. I believe someone has a video on YouTube of replacing the bottom. It's a big job and I have seen it seldom done well. I've passed on a couple good deals because the cab bottoms needed replacing. I can do it but I don't want to. Good luck. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

#4 11 years ago

You could try a master cabinet maker.

#5 11 years ago

looks like its a little bit of work good luck

#6 11 years ago

I had the same problem. Pushed the bottom plate back into position using the weight of the game on the top of a card chair. Reglued the jointer piece from the top of the cabinet. So far so good-4 weeks. I guess it's always worth trying. Saves a load of work.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the responses guys. Going to turn it over today and see how bad things really are under there.

#8 11 years ago

Post some pics. One of my games was doing that and I was able to inject wood glue along the seem with a plastic syringe. Then I used a few pipe clamps to hold it in place while it dried. It was very solid afterwards and never had any issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-cabinet-bottom-needs-replacement-any-tips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.