You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-263.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Machine lights up and works from the short video I was sent. Also have a photo of the playing surface which I have posted. Cabinet has the normal fading. Comments on what it is worth? Thanks for comments, need to make a decision or pass.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 9 years ago

looks similar condition to this one

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-1500

I personally think it really depends on your location and how much fade. Based the limited info you have provided 1500-2000 is the range.

#3 9 years ago

To satisfy the lowballers/wanna be buyers, I will say $100. To satisfy the owners, I will say $2K. In all seriousness, though.... I wouldn't go above $1K based on your description. Mostly due to "not enough info" as opposed to red flags. Your description leads me to believe you are new to the hobby. is that correct?

#4 9 years ago

an average fish tales in 100% working shape is $1700-2200. just an estimate.

#5 9 years ago

Cabinet photos.image-263.jpgimage-263.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#6 9 years ago

Almost impossible to price a machine with these photos alone. Can you link the video?

#7 9 years ago

In response to davewth, yes new to buying recently only have one other machine which is Whirlwind and purchased that over a decade ago. All the prices now seem high to me but guess that is great there is a demand.

#8 9 years ago

Want to trade that Whirlwind? I am in PA

#9 9 years ago

fully working, that pf with insert chips, and that cab with what appears to be typical but avg fade >> 1700
is fine.

keep in mind it is going to need a good tear down and cleaning along with flipper rebuilds and 1799 assumes no broken plastics or board issues.

#10 9 years ago

At least one slingshot plastic is broken

#11 9 years ago

slings are easy to find. Other ones, not as easy...

#12 9 years ago

Would be happy to trade a Whirlwind, just on the West Coast though.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for the quick replies! From the responses fair price to pay is anywhere south of $1700, for a dirty working Fish Tales.

#14 9 years ago

I picked up my first one with a nicer playfield and slightly less fade fully shopped and LED'd for around $2200 and probably overpaid. I picked up the one I currently have with a slightly less nice playfield and substantially less fade, shopped a while ago and missing one plastic, for $1700. One local to me just sold around $1700 with more fade and in desperate need of a shop job.

For the one you're looking at, I'd say $1600-1800. Maybe on the high end of that, since California pinball prices always seem to be a couple hundred bucks higher.

#15 9 years ago

I've seen this fish Tales on Ebay before. I recognize the pictures and the cabinet fade. Actually, I believe I've even seen the seller list this last year with no success.

I'd not go more than $1500 to be honest. You will need to put $500 alone just to get the machine up to par. Take this from a guy who owns a nice example of a Fish Tales .

#16 9 years ago

2000 easy

#17 9 years ago

This is the Fish Tales that was on the Los Angeles CL for $1200. This morning, the seller raised the price to $2200. Then the post was promptly flagged and removed.

#18 9 years ago

You got it that was the one.

#19 9 years ago

This is a project game. It looks completely filthy. How could someone list this and take pictures up close with all that dirt still on the playfield?

Project games don't go more than $1500. If the playfield was nice with cabinet fade, then I'd say $2000 is alright but the machine needs to work fully.

I'd pass if I were you. If the seller really wants to sell this machine, he needs to either 1). Lower the price, or 2). Fix up the pin by himself before putting it on the market.

#20 9 years ago

PAPA declares Fish Tales the hardest multi ball in pinball = 10K by Christmas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 169.00
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 26.50
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-buying-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.