Fish Tales BS setting?

By JosephT

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi all, just trying to figure out how to replace the EB in video mode with BS (Big Score). We're trying to shorten game times a bit on a FT that we play at work. I cant find this setting anywhere and have had no luck when googling it! I am only concerned with removing the extra ball in video mode but still want the extra ball offered as a captive ball award.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 8 years ago

Shorten the ball time in Fish Tales? Do you have the lightning flippers on the game?

#3 8 years ago

No lightning flippers on this guy hence the long ball times. This machine looks like it spent most of its life on route and then sat in a humid garage for who knows how long. Totally not working when I picked it up but have messed with it on our lunch breaks all last week. All I have left is to figure out why the lower GI string is out but shouldnt be a big deal.

Everyone at our shop is having a blast playing this game but the games are lasting too long. I'm wondering if maybe a software revision came out to enable Big Score in video mode?

Would love to find out how to unlock this gem in the settings. I've seen alot of tournament vids on youtube so I know theres a way to do this.

#5 8 years ago

You can turn extra balls off and one will not boat past during video mode. I am unsure about a BS setting but I will check when I get home in a few hours

#6 8 years ago

I don't think there's a setting for exactly what you're looking for, but...

Adjustment A.1 - 03 "Maximum Extra Balls" can be set to 1. That may accomplish your goal.

#7 8 years ago

I think your best bet is to put a max on extra balls and go back to lightning flippers

#8 8 years ago

You can set max extra balls to zero. You can also make it more difficult to light captive ball and lock balls. You can also turn off all the ball saves. If that doesn't work remove the outlane posts.

There is no option for Big Points. With max extra ball set to no extra ball, the video mode simply does not turn a boat in EB, and light extra ball captive ball award only gives you the grab your gear points.

But seriously. You can get lightnings. Do that.

#9 8 years ago

Are the long ball times because the ball stays in play? If so you could add more slope and move up outlane posts also check gap on sling shot switches make sure there close to keep them active .If long ball times arefrom extra balls change setting A1-3 max ex ball per ball in play to 1 also change replay award a1-14 to credit and not extra ball

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

You can set max extra balls to zero. You can also make it more difficult to light captive ball and lock balls. You can also turn off all the ball saves. If that doesn't work remove the outlane posts.
There is no option for Big Points. With max extra ball set to no extra ball, the video mode simply does not turn a boat in EB, and light extra ball captive ball award only gives you the grab your gear points.
But seriously. You can get lightnings. Do that.

If I did all that my game times would go from a minute to 10 seconds

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

Are the long ball times because the ball stays in play? If so you could add more slope and move up outlane posts also check gap on sling shot switches make sure there close to keep them active .If long ball times arefrom extra balls change setting A1-3 max ex ball per ball in play to 1 also change replay award a1-14 to credit and not extra ball

What pintime said ^^^^^

#12 8 years ago

In case anyone hasnt seen what Im referring to in the original post, here is a link to the video. His videomode starts at the 6:50 mark...

I appreciate all the suggestions and help. I do though really want to know how to get our machine running the BS award.

Thanks again

#13 8 years ago

Have you tried tournament play setting A1-26? Typically this eliminates extra balls and replaces them with points.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Have you tried tournament play setting A1-26? Typically this eliminates extra balls and replaces them with points.

Just tried tournament mode setting and that just takes away the captive ball EB but still offers EB in video mode...

1 year later
#15 6 years ago

Resurrected from the dead bump. Was at a friend's house and his video mode awarded the "BS" instead of "EB".
I have EBs turned off and video mode doesn't have anything but the 3rd boat go by.

How do you get the Big Score turned on?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 169.00
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-bs-setting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.