Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 2FlippedOut41Mo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

We have a Fish Tales that the pictured GI backbox and topper lights no longer work.
Anyone know what plugs and pinouts would control these??

image.jpg
#2 6 years ago

Did you do any work on the machine lately? If so you might have shorted something.

I would find the offending fuses first and replace them and see if they blow again.

#3 6 years ago

Fuses are good. Did not think to check for all blown bulbs yet. Which is strange because I just checked that on another pin with burnt playfield GI.

#4 6 years ago

Totally check the pins on the plug that feed out to that string. GI that's on like that all the time gets crispy plugs real quick. It'd be J121 or J120. Sadly I can't tell you the exact pin, as there are no fishtales in the shop at the moment. Also check the GI power/ground in, plug J115. Wiggle all these plugs and see if it turns on or off. Worst case scenario, you blew the transistor that controls that GI line. It happens, but crispy plugs happen more often.

#5 6 years ago

Hmmm...suspicious that fuses are working yet lamps are not lit...that seems the opposite of what should happen, unless you bulbs are burnt but with LEDs seems unlikely also.

Getting power at the sockets?

#6 6 years ago

What was that one connection we were wiggling down near the bottom when the GI was going in and out on the PF? I forgot about that one when my Dad was out here, and we were trying to fix the whole "Check Fuses F114 & F115" dilemma.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

and we were trying to fix the whole "Check Fuses F114 & F115" dilemma.

Oh jeez I DO NOT like that error!

#8 6 years ago

F114 F115 has been fixed.
Just got this fixed as well. One wire pulled loose from J-120 and one wire pulled loose from J121.
All is well

#9 6 years ago

I have one very odd question for you. I am looking for a part that is used in a Fish Tales Machine. I am looking for part number 01-693. Is there anyway that you have a spare one, or that I could borrow the one that you have to make one for my machine? I know this is a little odd asking, but I have been looking for this part, and I am desperate to have another in my machine. I will provide a link to the part below just for a picture reference. I look forward to your response.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-6933

Thank You

#11 6 years ago

Oops, I just saw that part was out of stock there as well. I know a guy that has been parting out a FT, and sent him the link of the part in question. If I hear something back from him, I can put you two in contact.

#12 6 years ago

I really appreciate that and all of your help. =)

#14 6 years ago

I appreciate the thread, but it looks like this gentleman has completely parted out the machine. If anyone hears anything else can you let me know?

Thanks

#15 6 years ago

I'll keep an eye out and message you if I see something. I would do a quick overall FT search on PS and dig deep. Surely someone has that part.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside