Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0377.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I picked up this fish tales a few weeks ago, but I've had to put it off until I was finished with the move. I know there has been a few FT posts lately and Im not sure anyone really cares, but I thought I would document my process for my own benefit and maybe someone else gets something out of it too.

Im trying to get this all wrapped up by the first weekend in august for the big 80's weekend here in springfield. It might be a machine used in the tourney, so its got to looks its best

Tonight I tore down the machine and removed all mylar and old fish decals that the previous owner put on. I have a bunch of parts on order that should be here next week.

Here are a few photos of it before cleaning. IMG_0345.jpgIMG_0345.jpg IMG_0350.jpgIMG_0350.jpg IMG_0352.jpgIMG_0352.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Photos are being difficult...

#3 10 years ago

I just got one in tonight and if I finish up tommy I hope to start it tomorrow. Your fish inserts seem to look good. How is the cab? They always are faded the one I am going to shop is amazingly unfaded and original! I thought they were all ruined!

#4 10 years ago

Nope I zoomed the inserts are also rubbed away lol

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, it has some fish wear. I pulled off some of the inserts when I removed the old decal too. Im going to put the full stringer/tacklebox decal on and Im going to test and see how that full playfield protector works too. I figured if I dont like it I could just take it off.

#6 10 years ago

FT rules ...my favourite game!

#7 10 years ago

I ordered my full pf protector on Friday for my FT, I hope they work good too....And yes even though there are other FT shop/restores it's always cool to see other one being done too. keep posting and the pics coming!

#8 10 years ago

I'd get on the CPR preorder list for the new playfields.

#9 10 years ago

I sent an email awhile ago, so I guess Im on the list.

#10 10 years ago

I would just have Neo repair and clear. Here is a link to the one he did for me
https://picasaweb.google.com/117491318056989871765/FishtalesNeo?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I am getting ready to send him another one as I recently picked up another Fishtales and for whatever reason I enjoy restoring that game.

#11 10 years ago

Yeah, if I had any sort of money I would consider that. Im a year out of college and Im not too great with money lol. I would rather put my time into a pin than pay someone else for theirs. I just want to make this as nice as I can with the resources available to me.

#12 10 years ago

The total cost of having the mini and main playfield done were similar in price to what the new playfields are priced at at CPR -and in my opinion a far better way to go.

#13 10 years ago

I hope your restoration goes well. I look forward to starting mine soon as well, I just don't want to stop playing it!

#14 10 years ago

I hope they make a color DMD rom for this game! The lobster and fish swimming behind your score would look incredible! Lots of great animations on that game!

#15 10 years ago

Looking forward to following this. Looks like yours has some nice funk in the upper right playfield! I love watching games like this come together.

I'm currently finishing up some final Tweaks on my FT restoration right now. I'll be finishing up my blog posts in the next day or so. Let me know if you get stuck and need any photos.

#16 10 years ago

Those pictures do not do it justice, it is a very dirty girl.

#17 10 years ago

This looks like a good project. I really wish I could find one of these. I have been looking for a project Fishtales for some time now.

1 week later
#18 10 years ago

I got it all cleaned up and popped out the insterts where the decal will go. They were a little but raised and I needed to get the old insert art off because I heard that it will shine through the decal and look really wonky.

Removing the inserts was not as challenging as I thought they would be. Just slowly heated each one up with a hair dryer and worked them out.

Here is a photo of them after reinstalled:

IMG_0377.jpgIMG_0377.jpg

#19 10 years ago

I installed the decal using the wet method. I was really intimidated by this part, but again it was way easier than I thought it would be.

This photo also shows the full playfield protector. I think it look really nice and so far Im happy with it. Im very interested to see how it plays though. // Error: Image 115247 not found //

#20 10 years ago

Looking good man. Just finished restoring mine as well. Your going to love the way it turns out !

#21 10 years ago

Looks awesome bro. I can't wait to play it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

12,500 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.