Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by surfsled
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

psa_021.jpg
ft2.jpg
579380_10150737648178654_2104544826_n..jpg
fishtales_004.jpg
psa_009.jpg
psa_008.jpg
psa_001.jpg
psa_003.jpg
Fish_Tales_LED_s.JPG
s-tastic.jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Well i have had this game in house now for a week. Tore it down did my normal mojo rising on it.

I gotta say this game has gotten more play in a week than my WMS IJ that sits turned off in a corner folded up. Granted its folded up so it gets no play but while it was open anyway. Highly under rated pin and just plain ol fun.

I urge anyone who has never played or owned to check it out. Def worth the entry price (normally sub 2k) I heard cpr commissioned the PF as well. Good times ahead for FT owners.

Maybe its the original theme i dunno but i like it as much as wh20. I am hard on games to so that says something.

#2 7 years ago

Mine sits right next to my whitewater and I love 'em both!

#3 7 years ago

FT is what got me into pinball back in 95. I have had three of them over the years and need to get another one. I have two walls dedicated to pins in my basement, and the one wall that is my "keepers" has a spot for FT when a nice one comes around. It is just a really fun game, no other way to explain it....Still my favorite video mode in all of pinball.

#4 7 years ago

Oh and it would it would play nicely next to my IJ

#5 7 years ago

FT is indeed an awesome pin. For me it's an A title for sure. A fast and addictive game. A "one more game" game for me. I'm very glad i got a QC one at home for a very nice price at the time. I have had many people trying to pry it from my hands many times.
It's a pin that on the rise here, demand and money wise.

#6 7 years ago

Best 'one more game' ever. Sorry I let mine go!

#7 7 years ago

It's on my wishlist!! I want one so bad.

#8 7 years ago

Hey Bob look,waterskiers!!

#9 7 years ago

Yeah I want on also,

#10 7 years ago

Big time bang for the buck pin! My FT probably gets the most overall play of any of my pins. Love it!

#11 7 years ago

Guess the second boat is says i am a deviant? main guy looks like ritchie second guy mark?

#12 7 years ago

Just picked up a BSD last week. Was worried my FT would suffer some. Turned it on last night and it is still my fav! No matter how good or bad I'm playing, I have that one more game feeling every time!

#13 7 years ago

My SM is now for sale, while my FT is staying put. FT is very reasonably priced for the amount of fun you get out of it.

Tom

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

Big time bang for the buck pin! My FT probably gets the most overall play of any of my pins. Love it!

It was bugging me for the longest time because I felt I knew you from somewhere, then this thread helped me realize from where!

s-tastic.jpg

#15 7 years ago

Yep... It's me! Always trying to lure in that monster fish!

#16 7 years ago

One more go fun pins are just great.

My favourite one more go -

FT
WH20
BSD
IM
AFM

#17 7 years ago

I love my FT. Put leds in it and the play field lights up. Fun game!

#18 7 years ago

After A few sessions of FT, all my other pins feel so slow... Excellent for sharpening your reaction speed...

#19 7 years ago

It was a favorite of mine growing up and I picked one up cheap a few months back with a perfect Mylared playfield! It's next in the shop for restoration right after my Whitewater.

#20 7 years ago

Just got mine a month ago .next in line for refurb

#21 7 years ago

Hope they do a playfield soon

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Hope they do a playfield soon

Me too. I'm on the waiting list for a boat pf too. Fish Tales got me into pinball back in '94. It will always be my sentimental favorite.

#23 7 years ago

I love my FT so much,today i've just finished installing the last of the led's in the backbox....no more GI overheating for me!

Fish_Tales_LED_s.JPG

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

Hey Bob look,waterskiers!!

I always enjoy this part because my name is Bob. My first pin. I love it. Anyone ever get the super jackpot?

#25 7 years ago

Phoog I have done quite a few times my highest score is 772,315,730.
Just finished putting L.E.D.'s through the playfield except under the plastics on my FT, next will be behind the translite as it looks quite good especially when color coded.

psa_003.jpg psa_001.jpg

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from RUS7T3:

Phoog I have done quite a few times my highest score is 772,315,730.
Just finished putting L.E.D.'s through the playfield except under the plastics on my FT, next will be behind the translite as it looks quite good especially when color coded.

That score is awesome man. My high score is approx. 269 million so I have a ways to go. I have LEDs throughout mine and it does look amazing. Plus that glass from pinballglass.com makes it so much nicer

#27 7 years ago

Phoog here is proof of my high score & the lowest high score., i would add it to my high score list but for some reason i'm unable to.

psa_008.jpg psa_009.jpg

#28 7 years ago

Most played machine in my current collection as well.

#29 7 years ago

I have gotten the Super Jackpot once and my high score is somewhere around 800 mil. I don't know for sure because my batteries died and everything reset. I got it by getting the monster fish a whole bunch of times.

I have owned some A-listers like TZ and AFM and FT blows them away. It's tough, yet satisfying when you are hitting your shots, and it features the best video mode in all of pinball.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I heard cpr commissioned the PF as well. Good times ahead for FT owners.

Project has been in dry dock since February because it apparently can't proceed till an NOS or ultra-clean PF can be located.

If anyone has one, here's how to help:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/b6ea71d87c63e72/406bc55562a17223?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=+NOS+Fish+Tales+PF+CPR#

#31 7 years ago

Add me to the list of current Fish Tales hunters

#32 7 years ago

I love the game just as much as White Water as well. Too bad it left the local arcade... Maybe I'll come across it in the wild again. I still haven't gotten to that awesome video mode. Ughh!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Too bad it left the local arcade...

Or did it!

#34 7 years ago

Add me to the list of current Fish Tales hunters

It's a slippery slope, once you get FT then you need the other one to make the set.

fishtales_004.jpg

#35 7 years ago

Now I can see why I've had such a hard time finding a Fish Tales!!!!

#36 7 years ago

Back to the sub-forum, mister.

#37 7 years ago

Just picked up a FT at a car auction. Some fade but playfield turned out great after a little cleaning. No topper so i will be looking for one. Just added LED's and it looks sweet. Got it for a nice price because there were no pinhead's there. (under 1k)

#38 7 years ago

I didn't realize I should be looking for Pinball Machines at Car auctions. Thanks for the heads up. 8-)

#39 7 years ago

Fish Tales has started getting more play again from me. I would like to do the LED's but can't justify the cost and I will sell this machine if I can make a decent profit. I'm fairly new to pinball and I'm waiting for a NIB machine with a theme or license I love. I like things a little less popular than most. For example as a poker player I can't stop playing WPT. I think the machine is underrated but do admit it's not as good as a lot of A list titles. Like others said FT leaves you wanting just one more game every time and I'd love the chance to compete against someone in a tourney on that game. That being said for a home game it's just damn frustrating when I can play a nice 25-35 minute game on WPT. I think my 460,000,000+ score took me 15 minutes and I've only almost beat it once since. Just too damn frustrating but an AMAZING game for competing with friends for bragging rights or keeping a tournament from going too slow.

579380_10150737648178654_2104544826_n..jpg

#40 7 years ago

Have always loved FT. Have just traded up on one which was my first machine. My new one is mint with 100% LED. When I bought my first one, WW and FT were always the same price. WW has since gone up a bit in price and FT still struggles to command a more comparable price. It also has moved down the list a bit (Prob because of new sterns) Think it was at about 17 when I started.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Have always loved FT. Have just traded up on one which was my first machine. My new one is mint with 100% LED. When I bought my first one, WW and FT were always the same price. WW has since gone up a bit in price and FT still struggles to command a more comparable price. It also has moved down the list a bit (Prob because of new sterns) Think it was at about 17 when I started.

It seems like all the FTs I see for sale want $2500...

#42 7 years ago

Here's the first complete install I did with the lights from my site bangback.ca.
Fish Tales really looks good with leds.

ft2.jpg

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Just picked up a FT at a car auction. Some fade but playfield turned out great after a little cleaning. No topper so i will be looking for one. Just added LED's and it looks sweet. Got it for a nice price because there were no pinhead's there. (under 1k)

Can' t wait to play it wolfy, great pick up at the car auction

#44 7 years ago

When you get multiball going and set off the feeding frenzy, rock the boat and monster fish all the while trying to hit the damn casters club....it be crazy!!

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

Fish Tales really looks good with leds.

It looks a whole lot better if you color match the fish and inlane inserts. White LEDs are too overpowering in those locations IMO.

#46 7 years ago

Oh hell, now I gotta go back for one more game and try to beat RUS7T3's score.
Definitely an awesome game, video mode kicks, multiball jackpot annoyingly frustrating (one more try!) Great lighting (LED's) music that sticks in yer head hours after you have a great game, and a big-ass flapping fish to top it all off.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

It seems like all the FTs I see for sale want $2500...

Two on FleaBay under 2k

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Two on FleaBay under 2k

Only saw the 1700 BIN 2k one .... uggggg

#49 7 years ago

zippydapinhead, sorry mate but i just scored this & is now my highest score. My next game however was only 128,000,000.

psa_021.jpg

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

Fish Tales really looks good with leds

Do you use only white leds, or do you match colors with the inserts?
I'm thinking about ledding some pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside