giphy.gif
image.jpg
image-736.jpg
image-473.jpg
image-571.jpg
image-236.jpg
image-714.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 9 years ago

I just picked up a working unshopped game and I'm into it for about $325 in parts right now. FT is what? $2,200? $1,500 plus $200 for board work, $300 for the 15 hours it'll take to shop it, $250 in parts. Granted, not all of those are out of pocket, if you shop it yourself or do your own board work, but you shouldn't have to pay it either.

At $1,500, If you want to put the sweat equity into it, you'll do alright. If you have to pay someone to shop it, and do the board work, and buy necessary parts, you'll about break even.

$1,500 wasn't a steal by any streatch, but it wasn't bad either, depending if you feel like a project right now. I wouldn't have paid it though.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Closer to $1000 is better. You have to look at the variables that could happen. If one of those boards has been hacked to shit in back of them, it can get costly in a hurry. Plus all your time to shop it out and get it running. Your going to be into it at least $300-500 depending on how extensive your shop outs are.

#39 9 years ago

I'm mean this sincerely, not trying to be rude, but fully shopped and working, based on the crummy pics, what do you think this thing is worth? I think it's worth about $2,200, I could be wrong, who knows until you try and sell it. Giving yourself $700 of room, with certain board work, shopping parts, etc, that's not a whole lot of room to work with. I think that's all Neo was trying to say.

Quoted from smassa:

I'm guessing you are still stuck in early 2000's pricing.

It's not just a fuse. The rare times where that's the case, great, but there is no way you can ever assume that.

Quoted from smassa:

The picture of the boards looked like no hacks and one of the fuse holders didn't even have a fuse it in so it's possible it may be the cheapest fix ever.

#64 9 years ago

I could see disagreeing with the guy, and you said you'd pick the game up 10 times out of 10, why? At $1,500, can you get more than $2,200? Maybe you can and it's worth it to you. There are dealers around here (I'm not talking about you ) that can pay more because they'll run a rag and turn over a game in crap condition.

Different people can pay different prices based on all kinds of situations. That doesn't mean the guy is out of line or wrong. Maybe the board work is an easy fix, but that game still needs 15 hours worth of shopping and it's rare that I don't spend at least $200 on parts for games like this and I usually don't splurge.

I guess it just boils down to what your time is worth.

For the OP, it sounds like he's going to have fun shopping it so it was worth the price to him. As long as he's happy, nothing else matters.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And remember, never, never, never listen to Neo when he gives an opinion on a pin price. If you do, I'm gonna kick you in the nuts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 169.00
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

12,500 (OBO)
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-1500?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.