New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 271007)

Fish tales

By FishTales17

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by Ericpinballfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4B96B055-362E-4C00-86AB-747BB83C4540 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 months ago

Total noob here, my pal and i have got my machine nearly working perfectly except we cant figure out why the left slingshot is stuck on when connected. I apologize if my vernacular regarding part names is lacking. We are not pros but have basic skills and understanding of how most parts work but we are clueless as to why its stuck on. So, we leave it unplugged and play it

After you’re done laughing at my post LOL, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

#2 4 months ago

Just inside the cover of your manual there is a list of solenoids. The left sling is 04. The driver transistor is Q76. Check that transistor. Also check that both of the switches are working.

#3 4 months ago

Do you mean when you turn the game on it locks on ? If so the transistor on the driver board is shorted and needs to be replaced.

LTG : )

#4 4 months ago

Thanks very much both to Ye and LTG. We will start there. Is the transistor an easy solder replace?

I really appreciate your help, i live in rural central california. We are flying solo trying to fix this last problem.

4B96B055-362E-4C00-86AB-747BB83C4540 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 months ago

Sorry LTG, yes, its locked on from power up. I must admit its nice to to know where the ball is going when its off
We fixed a weak left flipper issue. I was running through the manual and noticed that the coil is supposed to be in FL-11629(blue). That model number is for long shots and high ramps. I have the red ones fl-11628 i think, the manual says that coil is the most common for regular play. I think I’d like to get the blue ones just so I can smash that stinking captured ball in the middle of the boat. LOL

Thanks again

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from FishTales17:

Is the transistor an easy solder replace?

Depends on how good you are at circuit board repair. If no experience. I'd get help.

#7 4 months ago

Thanks Ye for the numbers, i dont have the manual here, but i will look them up for replacements. I have used Marcospecialties.com for rubber kits, lights, fuses etc. are they a good company? Do you prefer another company? Im happy with marcospecialties but im a red blooded american male so i would like to capitalize on something better if its out there.

Thanks again

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from FishTales17:

Do you prefer another company?

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/ Ed at Great Plains has done a lot for pinball electronics.

#10 4 months ago

Wow much appreciated!!

Thanks!

2 months later
#11 48 days ago

hello again,
Thanks for your previous replies to my questions but I have one more.
My machine has been working perfectly until just recently.
Would either of you know why my machine is suddenly turning off during play when all the bells and whistle’s are lit up for scoring maximum points?
This just started happening within the past two weeks and my pal his fiddled around but we are no pros with pinball machines. Anything you could offer would be great.
Thanks again.
Jon

#12 48 days ago

I would try the Fish Tales - Casters Club .

#13 48 days ago
Quoted from FishTales17:

hello again,
Thanks for your previous replies to my questions but I have one more.
My machine has been working perfectly until just recently.
Would either of you know why my machine is suddenly turning off during play when all the bells and whistle’s are lit up for scoring maximum points?
This just started happening within the past two weeks and my pal his fiddled around but we are no pros with pinball machines. Anything you could offer would be great.
Thanks again.
Jon

I sounds like a 5v reset.

Probably the power supply needs rebuilding to get consistant 5v.

#14 48 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I sounds like a 5v reset.
Probably the power supply needs rebuilding to get consistant 5v.

Yup, old board needs updating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spring , TX
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 22.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 26.50
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hagerstown, MD
Boards
PinSound
$ 11.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside