P1020584.jpg
P1020596.jpg
P1020563.jpg
IMG_5166.jpg
IMG_5169.jpg
IMG_5159.jpg
P1020494.jpg
P1020499.jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Looks awesome !!

#52 10 years ago

In The Lineup - Almost 100%.

Yesterday I couldn't resist dragging this into its official spot in the lineup next to my IJ. Seem's to be a Ritchie trend going here. Shots of the lineup and a glass-on player's view.

I kinda went all-out on this restoration and was worried I put a little bit too much into it, but I absolutely love how well this game plays. I know that the game was supposed to have standard flippers per the original design but the lightning flippers feel right on this game. After putting in a few games I spent time fine tuning issues with the ball launcher and ball trough eject cam.

The launcher's aim was shooting balls at the stainless steel guide outboard of the left flipper base. To correct this I tweaked the wireform by hand so that the balls are delivered onto to the left flipper. I watched a bunch of youtube videos to see other games in action and this seems to be the right landing spot?

The game's eject cam tip was worn originally and I repaired it by filing flat. In action the flatter profile tended to pick up the balls and lob them slightly into the shooter lane. Every couple games this would result in a ball bounce back into the ball trough repeatedly. Reshaping the eject cam tip and slightly tweaking the trough guide seems to have cleaned up this for now.

Today I plan to pull the topper to complete lighting and work out why the fish isn't flopping. Aside from that I'm still dragging my feet on refinishing the reel and lighted cast button. Will post a couple glass-off glamour shots of the finished game soon.

P1030157.jpgP1030157.jpg P1030231.jpgP1030231.jpg

#53 10 years ago

Your making me feel guilty for just playing and waxing mine.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Your making me feel guilty for just playing and waxing mine.

Thanks, but at least you've been able to play yours for the last 3 months! I'm kinda looking forward to something that won't require a total restoration for my next game since I want to tear down my IJ at some point.

Maybe a NIB purchase next time? We'll have to see how the new star trek turns out. Of course then I'd need to explain to my wife how owning the modern star trek is just wrong without also having the classic widebody Ritchie STTNG next to it. (this would qualify as a 1st world problem)

#55 10 years ago

Looks fantastic. FWIW balls from the launcher on my FT go around the loop and land on the left flipper.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Thanks, but at least you've been able to play yours for the last 3 months! I'm kinda looking forward to something that won't require a total restoration for my next game since I want to tear down my IJ at some point.
Maybe a NIB purchase next time? We'll have to see how the new Star Trek turns out. Of course then I'd need to explain to my wife how owning the modern Star Trek is just wrong without also having the classic widebody Ritchie STTNG next to it. (this would qualify as a 1st world problem)

Yeah, yours looks great, doing a great job. Mine has a great playfield and plays great but the cabinet has seen better days. I think at one time the machine was dropped and the cabinet got tweaked. Its been fixed but really needs a total cabinet restore. Perhaps someday I will follow in your footprints and do a complete overhaul. When that happens you will be playing yours while I am fixing mine.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Yeah, yours looks great, doing a great job. Mine has a great playfield and plays great but the cabinet has seen better days. I think at one time the machine was dropped and the cabinet got tweaked. Its been fixed but really needs a total cabinet restore. Perhaps someday I will follow in your footprints and do a complete overhaul. When that happens you will be playing yours while I am fixing mine.

Checked my audits and was surprised to see 70 games over the past 3 days of fine tuning/playing. Average game was under 2 minutes. I need some more practice...

4 years later
#58 6 years ago

Great Restore!! I'm about to do a FT myself super fun game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 169.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tale-restoration-blog/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.