(Topic ID: 52907)

SORRY Per Request WOZ Will NOT Be @ EMPORIUM Till Next Week!!!!

By Jamaster10

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    flame_suit.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

per request woz will not be delivered until next week!
    for unstated reasons!
    And yes it is here in box @ pincades waiting delivery.
    JT

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

I will disclose the location soon.

Pin-tease!

#3 10 years ago

If I had to guess... Enchanted Castle

#4 10 years ago

i am working on one for there, Jesse is working on one for another location. i will let him reveal that.

#5 10 years ago

I know EC is getting a woz for sure, not sure who the distributor is. Curious where the other OZ is going now (beercade)?

This place would be most fitting:
    http://www.atriptothemovies.com/index.php

They've had a few of the original munchkins at a screening there

#6 10 years ago

Hopefully it will go to Gameworks...and we will see if it earns more than the current pinball lineup...

#7 10 years ago

I am the distributor for the Enchanted Castle one.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Hopefully it will go to Gameworks...and we will see if it earns more than the current pinball lineup...

Agreed!

#9 10 years ago

nope not GW
    almost there
    when it hits my floor today i will post the location!!!!!
    JT

#10 10 years ago

WOZ will Be @ Emporium Arcade Bar in Chicago

#12 10 years ago

Just in time for the Metallica release party...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

What time does that start at?

#14 10 years ago

Nice!

#15 10 years ago

HaHa

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16 10 years ago

plus-The shadow, TOM, TZ, TAF
    I will be dropping off in the AM
    JT

#17 10 years ago

Great news. I better get there before they go to shit. It's inevitable!

#18 10 years ago

Sorry about this confusion but we will actually not be having WOZ at the Stern launch party tonight. There was a miscommunication about this. Our fault, sorry.

BUT...The party should be pretty awesome tonight at 7. We will be projecting an overhead shot of the main tournament table onto our new 20' mega-jumbo-tron movie screen!

We will have the following games on hand for the Metallica launch tonight:
    STERN GAMES:
    Metallica Pro-3 tables
    ACDC Premium
    ACDC PRO
    Avengers Premium
    Avengers Pro
    X MEN
    Transformers

Also the awesome dudes at Pincade hooked us up with:
    The Addams Family
    Theatre of Magic
    Twilight Zone
    The Shadow

Hope to see everyone later.

#19 10 years ago

Damn and I was hoping to see pictures of the lines on WOZ vs Metallica I am sure this thread would have quickly went downhill had this really taken place.

#20 10 years ago

only question is, why not/who requested it?

seems like the perfect head to head (other than both have incomplete code curently) and would be awesome to be able to play both side by side in one spot!

#21 10 years ago

Yeah, we spent like 6 hours at HQ last week trying to fix the TOTAN. Did the best we could with TZ, stuff seems stable where non-pinheads won't notice but most of us would be frustrated. These things go bad FAST in the wild .

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

seems like the perfect head to head (other than both have incomplete code curently) and would be awesome to be able to play both side by side in one spot!

Guessing Stern didn't want WOZ to ruin their launch party. Sign of Fear.

#23 10 years ago

Or somebody, may have thought it was in bad taste to do it.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Guessing Stern didn't want WOZ to ruin their launch party. Sign of Fear.

More like sign of respect from the ones throwing the launch party. I don't think it is unreasonable for Stern to want the focus of a 'release party' to be on their new pin. There will be plenty of time for pinheads to see & play both JJP and Stern Pins side by side. It's really not that big of a deal IMO. Flame suit engage.
    flame_suit.jpgflame_suit.jpg

#25 10 years ago

I agree. Poor taste to have WOZ unveiling at the Stern launch party.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

More like sign of respect from the ones throwing the launch party. I don't think it is unreasonable for Stern to want the focus of a 'release party' to be on their new pin. There will be plenty of time for pinheads to see & play both JJP and Stern Pins side by side. It's really not that big of a deal IMO. Flame suit engage.

I was trying to be funny. Hence the People have to relax about JJP vs Stern crap.

Some of us still like both companies and will support both. I want pinball to grow, not die.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from devlman:

Yeah, we spent like 6 hours at HQ last week trying to fix the TOTAN. Did the best we could with TZ, stuff seems stable where non-pinheads won't notice but most of us would be frustrated. These things go bad FAST in the wild .

I played HQ's TOTAN a bit last night and it was in pretty good shape. It looks like they've straight removed the TZ.

That said, the general play quality on them has gotten better, and hopefully the tables at both HQ and Emporium end up being able to handle crowds.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from devlman:

These things go bad FAST in the wild .

It truly is incredible to how fast they can go downhill. I can just hear the sound of infants mashing the flippers and leaving 4 player games left in the lurch. Pinball on free play out in the wild with the monsters is truly a nightmare.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought it was a little odd that Pincades was breaking the news of what titles that Emporium would have for their expansion before they broke the news themselves and announced a Grand opening party. I'm guessing the cat was not to be let out of the bag just yet?

Metallica party should be a blast. Jumbo tron?! Yeah-eee-yeaaaaaaah!

#29 10 years ago

The Heavy Hand of Stern strikes again !

#30 10 years ago

Woz was in the works for Emporium prior to learning about the lauch party, it was in just before friday, per sterns request we waited, it will be there in a couple days, i agree both companies should Exist, Me as a dist. for jjp i still buy sterns, And as far as breaking the news of what pins were there I sold them to emporium ! It was also a little advertisement bump for them, they have been very dedicated customers of Pincades over the last year. Dan and Doug are great guys (emporium owners), there are more pins to come and some rare vids as wellin the next weeks!
    As far as the upkeep of there pins, they have a awesome tech that will be working on them(Gavins Game Service).

Ill post when i drop it off fellas! As well follow Emporium on facebook for new Pinball Machines and Vids coming in.

Pincades
    JT

#31 10 years ago

Makes sense to me.

#32 10 years ago

Had a good time last night.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 10 years ago

I saw that guy on the post office wall!

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Garak:

I played HQ's TOTAN a bit last night and it was in pretty good shape. It looks like they've straight removed the TZ.
    That said, the general play quality on them has gotten better, and hopefully the tables at both HQ and Emporium end up being able to handle crowds.

I spent quite a bit of time getting that TOTAN up and running properly. I dropped it off a few days ago. Had some serious issues but all bugs should be cleared out right now.

Quoted from devlman:

Thanks again for coming out and working on the pins. I can't get away from my day job enough to keep HQ going myself. At this point I am just doing it to support what I sold them, not getting paid or anything like that. John is the man and helped out on a few different occasions there. I finally pulled the TZ yesterday, going to go through it and decide if it should go back in or not. I have a feeling this game has a bit too much on the pf to go wrong in a free play environment.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-woz-on-location-in-chicago-coming-in-a-few-days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.