(Topic ID: 89142)

First unofficial GCPC "Gulf Coast Pinball Club" photos.

By Arcade

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by 2FlippedOut41Mo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1115.JPG
GCPCLogo3.jpg
avoid-piss-beer.jpg
been_drinkin_boys.jpg
IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Sunday the 27th was the fist pinball party for people in the Beaumont, TX. and Lake Charles LA. area.
The party was held at our house here in Beaumont with about 12 machines and one virtual cabinet.
It lasted from 2:00 till about 7:30 with a "pinball golf tournament" included in the fun.
We even managed to fix my Barracora during the event. Thanks Jodester.
We will be looking forward to expanding on this little club in the future with bigger and better events.
On to the photos. First some general game room shots then some of the attendees.

IMG_1055.JPG IMG_1057.JPG IMG_1058.JPG IMG_1066.JPG
#2 6 years ago

Left to right we have from Pinside
Jody - Jodester
Mike - Pinball is Great
Dennis Moncla- King Nine
Preston Moncla- PMoncla
Allen Robertson- 2flippedout41mo
Leon Moncla-Arcade
Hob-RedNome
Angie- Hob's wife. Not sure if she is on Pinside.
A couple of people could not make the party including Tigerlaw a Pinside moderator, but since he was out of the country he had a fairly good excuse.

IMG_1065.JPG

#3 6 years ago

couple more.

IMG_1061.JPG IMG_1062.JPG IMG_1060.JPG
#4 6 years ago

If anyone doesn't know me I'm Arcade's brother and own the collection with him. We had a blast inviting everyone over. There are a couple of others we wanted to invite but were afraid of room concerns as we had never done it before. It was great meeting fellow pinsiders and swapping stories. The young girl in one of the above group shots is my daughter. She came in second in the pingolf tourney. BTW pingolf was a blast. The first time I'd heard of it and participated in one.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks KingNine and Arcade for throwing a pinball party.
Much enjoyed meeting the Beaumont, Tx pinball gang.
Always fun to talk pinball and play pinball with other pinball fanatics.

Cheers!

#6 6 years ago

Great party! We need to have one at the three sites here in Lake Charles for you guys.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Great party! We need to have one at the three sites here in Lake Charles for you guys.

Yup! We're in. If you have any other pics other than what Arcade took post 'em up. I'd like to see them.

#8 6 years ago

Other than the virtual pin, the rarest pin appears to be the mid 80's Gottlieb Touchdown.
Never played one of those, and didn't play it during the pin party for some reason.

First time i had ever played a 2001. You have that Gottlieb wedgehead playing very good. Enjoyed that one.

#9 6 years ago

A special thanks to my cousins (Arcade and KingNine) for opening up their house for this event. This is one of many to come for Gulf Coast Pinball Club. I'd like to try and get some GCPC shirts made up, and will get some ideas together as soon as I have a break in work and remodeling. Being that my gameroom was under construction this past weekend, it worked out perfect that I was able to contribute Fish Tales for everyone to play. Also, the Pin Golf Tournament was a great idea, PMoncla. I'm going to get with Marcus and find out what we need to do to register our next tournament for IFPA points. We need to get a Pinside Mailing List together for any others in our area that would like to join the club in order to build more members. "Pinball in the Park" is my next vision for the Beaumont area. I will look into what it takes to get that air-conditioned pavilion rented at Rogers Park. It was great to meet others in our area that share our passion. I'm anxious to see this club grow, and introduce more people in our area outside of Pinside to our hobby. "Long live the Silver Ball!"

#10 6 years ago

Looks like y'all had fun.

#11 6 years ago

A quick update on the "Pinball in the Park" idea:

I just called for booking info/rates for that pavilion and it's $75 an hour to rent that place.

We may need to hold off on that unless everyone is willing to chip in. Set up alone would be at least 2-3 hours depending on how many people/pins we are bringing in, plus tearing it down and getting out of there - another 2-3 hours. We're looking at roughly $400 just for set up costs! Plus, if we run a tournament, there's no telling how long we'd have to have the place rented for. That place could easily run us $1000.

We may have just drained that venue on ball 3 with one phone call.

I'll keep searching around for other possible venues in the Beaumont area that could host and keep everyone posted.

#12 6 years ago

Man that looks like a great time. I would love to make one of those some time.

#13 6 years ago

Certainly.
We plan to have them in TX. and LA. so everybody can meet up.
Would love to get together some time soon.

#14 6 years ago

2FlippedOut,

Don't forget that you are Director of Pinball Parties for GCPC.
We are counting on you to deliver high levels of entertainment at upcoming club sponsored events.
We will help you out w/ food and drinks.

For example, no bad tasting beer please.
been_drinkin_boys.jpg
avoid-piss-beer.jpg

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

2FlippedOut,
Don't forget that you are Director of Pinball Parties for GCPC.
We are counting on you to deliver high levels of entertainment at upcoming club sponsored events.
We will help you out w/ food and drinks.
For example, no bad tasting beer please.

ROFL

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Other than the virtual pin, the rarest pin appears to be the mid 80's Gottlieb Touchdown.
Never played one of those, and didn't play it during the pin party for some reason.
First time i had ever played a 2001. You have that Gottlieb wedgehead playing very good. Enjoyed that one.

We're pretty proud of that 2001. Especially where it came from to get to that point! The Pro Football wedge head will be like the 2001 in the near future. Since we aquired it in working order and in fairly good shape it hasn't had any attention paid to it yet other than new flipper coils and playing it.

You didn't get to play the Touchdown because it didn't work lol. The chip we ordered to fix it is supposed to be in today.

I got the Barracora GI working yesterday. Turns out it was one of the two fuses. The hack that the previous owner did had two fuses replacing one so if they were checked in socket they tested good.

#17 6 years ago

2flipedout41mo: Funny you mentioned shirts. I had the same idea and have been working on a few ideas. Here is the one I like best of my concepts so far. What do you think? I think PMonlca has an idea he's working on too.

GCPCLogo3.jpg

#18 6 years ago

Looking good! I'd like to try to incorporate TX and LA in the background as if they were part of a pinball machine (making-up a playfield using the two states) and have the flippers located in the Gulf shooting a ball between the state lines. The image would have to be large enough to cover the majority of the back of the shirt to get the look I'm visioning.

Get to work. I expect a draft by 3PM tomorrow or you're fired.

#19 6 years ago

Pinball is Great - Don't put me in charge of beer. All my cheap butt drinks is Lone Star beer! Lol

*If YOU are funding the beverages, I'll go pick us up some Chimay or Duvel.

#20 6 years ago

Hey guys. The ArkLaTex pinball club Facebook page is officially titled "Ark-La-Tex Pinball Club". If you want to join, go there and and send a join request. Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys soon.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Hey guys. The ArkLaTex pinball club Facebook page is officially titled "Ark-La-Tex Pinball Club". If you want to join, go there and and send a join request. Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys soon.

Request sent. I'm going to set up a page for our little region soon. Pinball-is-Great told me there is a New Orleans area group as well.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Request sent as well.

#23 6 years ago

To GCPC and others interested,

Please also keep this thread in mind when posting about pinball events/news in the southern US region.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Nice weather outside this time of year.
What did you all do over the weekend? Anything pinball related?
No pinball stuff for me this past weekend, except for intermittently checking out Pinside Forum threads.

#24 6 years ago

Did plenty this week.
We got Barracora up and running 100% with all the GI lights. We had two wires fused together that were not supposed to be. Looks great now.
We got the Gottlieb Touchdown up and running as well thanks to the two IC chips that came. Now it just has one pop bumper out of 4 not working and two outhole kickers that don't work. This was the first time this game has fired up in many many years.
We installed a graphic of Helen in the lower playfield of our AC/DC premium.
Here is a link to that thread. It came out looking awesome.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helen-in-hell-on-acdc
Then we did a complete pop bumper rebuild on the Fish Tales for all three bumpers and added the new LED ring kits for it as well as light blue skirts. I will take a photo soon and post. They look terrific.
We also got the topper lit up again as well as a section of backbox lights that were out. Turns out a couple of wires had pulled loose from the push in connectors.
Today I got a parts order in from Pinball Life, it had my transistors for the AC/DC shaker motor, and now AC/DC is shaking up a storm again.
Overall, not a bad week.

#25 6 years ago

Fish Tales pop bumper ring photo as promised.

IMG_1115.JPG
1 month later
#26 5 years ago

We have come a long way since we first posted this thread.
The Gulf Coast Pinball Club now has an official Facebook page and we are hosting our very own IFPA sanctioned tournament on July 13th right here in Beaumont, TX. to help raise money for hospitals to have pins for children.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/583327081782969/
Great things are happening in pinball and we are proud to be part of it.
Our pin line up so far:

Addams Family
AC/DC Premium
Fish Tales
Hot Tip
Metallica or Tron

Hopefully even more can be added soon but things a looking good so far.

3 weeks later
#27 5 years ago

A friendly bump for all existing and any new members that would like to be a part of GCPC's 1st show in Beaumont, Texas this Sunday. 3 MORE DAYS!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/1443064989295316/?ref_notif_type=event_mall_reply&source=1

Updated game list to best of my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong Arcade or KingNine):

Metallica Pro (2013 Stern)
AC/DC Premium (2012 Stern)
Last Action Hero (1993 Data East)
The Addams Family (1992 Midway)
Fish Tales (1992 Williams)
Pinball Pool (1979 Gottleib)
Hot Tip (Williams first solid state machine 1977)
Centigrade 37 (1977 Gottlieb EM)
2001 (1971 Gottlieb EM)

#28 5 years ago

Also, it sure would be nice if one of our members could bring down a Pinbot (working OR project) with a friendly price tag on it. Just putting it out there.

#29 5 years ago

Didn't Leon find you one in Houston?

#30 5 years ago

Judge Dredd added to the line up.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Didn't Leon find you one in Houston?

That guy didn't want to sell his project and was working on acquiring a reproduction playfield in another trade to fix her up. I'm waiting to see how that one plays out. I've talked to him on the phone, and he's got my info, but nothing is set in stone at this time. He told me he plans on fixing that one up and selling it before HAAG in November, and I basically have to wait that lead out. Doesn't hurt to see if anyone else is ready to part with one sooner. I will always be actively seeking reasonable Pinbots until I finally have one in this gameroom. Your brother and I were just looking at my space tonight, and were trying to see if I had enough room for 1 more. You know my love for that game. I can't explain it. It is what it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Sale Pending!
Tucson, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside