IMG_0033 (resized).jpg
IMG_0032 (resized).jpg
IMG_0030 (resized).jpg
IMG_0022 (resized).jpg
IMG_0025 (resized).jpg
IMG_0027 (resized).jpg
IMG_0026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alimerick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Hi,
Some info that may be helpful for Sweet Hearts.
If only a few posts needed ask Pinball Resource for used. They clean up.
Pinball resource has some NOS hardware like screws etc. used on the playfield
Pinball resource has signature part for the ends of the lock down bar. Old ones are rough after all this time.
Pinball resource has new coin doors and all the metal buttons, plugs for them. Also new flipper buttons.
Side rails are not reproduced that I have been able to find. Pinball resource has the nails.
Pinball resource has plastic lane guides, pop caps, beehive shooter in white or red.
bgresto.com will make a backglass for Sweet Hearts. It is Gorgeous. http://bgresto.com/?p=1002
www.preservationpinball.com does cabinet/ head painting and restoration. Goes by Paintpins on pinside.
Have tried multiple times over months to contact pinball rescue about plastics. They do not respond.

Was my first game out of the neighbors trash in about 1977.

#6 6 years ago

I saw a old thread about SH backglass moved forward this morning. I think there are about 1/2 dozen people wanting one.
Mine was far gone and bgresto made another for me. Took awhile but when it showed up it is Gorgeous, Spot on. Lets a bit less light through than original but so nice looking.
Amazing that so may parts are available.

Thank You for the plastics offer. If you would like PM me price and shipping total.

Thank You
Andy

#8 6 years ago

It is very nice but cards are faded not sure how it would look when lit and expensive. How nervous would be waiting for shipping. Nice picture of shop. Looks heavy duty industrial. The table Sweet Hearts is sitting on could likely hold allot more weight. Interesting apparatus on/ under the table next to the welding equipment.

#12 6 years ago

I will get to getting some pictures when mine is back together. Hopefully later this weekend. Getting close.
Oh buy the way awesome pictures of equipment that will never be made that way again. Years before 9/11 we went on a tour of Nasa satelite facility I think goddard. They had these huge buildings stories high inside and the floors were ancient wood grain end facing up fit together like bricks. Huge like 16ft x 16ft half inch thick steel tables all level to within nothing measurable. All the old machinery from the Navy yard stuff like in your pictures was being used and stored there. Talk about drooling. I wandered away and started talking with the techs milling a satelite frame out of a single huge piece of aluminum. They gave me a few mission stickers for my tool box. One guy made me a key chain fob out of a water cut oval of alum and laser etched nasa logo into it while we watched.
Andy

#16 6 years ago

Hi,
Pictures of Sweet Hearts project are on photobucket.
http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/limerickf/library/Sweet%20Hearts?sort=2&page=1
User limerickf library album Sweet Hearts.
I fought with it as long as I had patients. Some might be doubles or not the right way up.
Andy

#19 6 years ago

Sorry about the pictures. Photobucket will not let me edit to make them right side up.
For playfield restoration, clear coating I have used.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50795
Goes by GMKALOS on here. George. He is in Front Royal Va. George did the swap of Sweet Hearts when provided with all the parts. He touched up SH playfield just a bit around the pops and that is all it needed for the playfield. I also requested he satin clear the SH cabinet. His work is wonderful and he keeps in touch as it goes along with pictures. Took him only a few weeks. He is currently clearing NOS EBD playfield and CPR Firepower playfield. With Guns N Roses and Addams Family to follow. Likely more as I can afford. Very nice guy. Does really good work. Every screw lined up. Good Attention to detail. Great attitude. Works through problems. Is a retired Certified auto mechanic.
Can't say enough good about George and his work.
Also paint pins on here did the cabinet restore. He had one on hand. Painted it and SH was swapped into it. He will get the OE cabinet back and fix it up for next person. His work is top notch. I never thought I would be able to get a SH to look like new. I wanted to since I got the one out of the neighbor's trash in about 1977.
Andy

Added over 7 years ago: Pictures are now right side up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alimerick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-timer-w-gottlieb-sweet-hearts-project?tu=alimerick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.