(Topic ID: 198075)

First Time to Expo - Advice?

By Time

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA150019 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatecrasher.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

I always have a pretty good time at the Expo.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've always wanted to go to Expo. Wanted to do the Stern tour, go to Pinball Life's party, get my balls busted in person by gryszzz. But I think I've missed the boat since I've heard nothing but increasingly bad things about this show...and it's wickedly overpriced as well.
    I've been to one TPF and am going back next spring. That show is what Expo used to be and what it lacks in not being local to Stern, it more than makes up for in the best f**king BBQ I've ever had. If Expo gets its act together I'll give it another look. Damn shame the Blackhawks aren't playing yet when that show is going on. That'd definitely sway my decision.

Don't believe everything you hear. All the shows have some good stuff and are worth attending if you are into pinball.

You can get good BBQ in areas other than Texas too. The world BBQ championship (Memphis in May) is held in Tennessee every year since 1978 and the winner isn't usually from Texas (although there have been a few over the years). I think the last time a Texas joint won the world championship was in 2008 when "Natural Born Grillers BBQ" from McAllen, Texas won.

The current reigning world BBQ champion is "Big Bob Gibson's Bar-B-Q" from Decatur, Alabama (5 time world champion).

I used to go to the south regionals and Memphis in May every year when I lived in Tennessee. Awesome events.

You can get some good BBQ in Chicago too along with just about everything else. Chicago is hard to beat as far as restaurants go. No shortage of awesome ones to go to.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from knobstone:

This is a poorly run event, but good luck. Seminars are $60.00, but a lot of attendees never pay, Numerous attendees just use the same badges from years ago. I went for years, but not going this year. Bottom line: there are much better expos in Louisville, Nashville, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando.

So that's your reason for not going and your crusade to try and convince others not to attend?

Because you claim some people use old badges to get into seminars?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

No, it and his reason is that it's poorly run, which no-one can deny. When was the last time you heard something positive about Mike? Andrew as looked at favorably and was able to get people to volunteer for the free play room, that wasn't Mike. Andrew is fed up with Mike and is out, Mike's driving out the volunteers. Vendors generally have not had good things to say about Mike either. Vendors who give things for the charity take have been routinely ignored at the event. This event really still exists because it's the old show. If it didn't have the history it does it would have died. You don't see people complaining about TPFs leaders, or Dan at MGC. There are good reasons for the negative reviews of expo. We need a new show, who knows maybe one it's being considered...

You just proved my point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatecrasher.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-to-expo-advice?tu=gatecrasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.