Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by bouche03
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

I bought my first two Stern pinball games. The Mandalorian and Led Zeppelin. Is there any thing the more experienced people recommend for tips or tricks that I should do to the machines?

#2 8 months ago

Personally I would swap out the balls.
Peeps will also tell you order some coil stops from pinballblife as a back up.

But generally no. Play the machines and have fun. Keep them clean.

#3 8 months ago

Yes, don’t buy Sterns congrats and I have never had issues with any of the Sterns I have owned.

#4 8 months ago

get cleaning supplies. novus 1 for plastics, millswax for playfield. i forgot the name, but the cleaner for rubber stuff on the slings and flippers, posts. you'd be surprised how much dirt it takes off.

avoid mods. been there done that, doesn't add much.

#5 8 months ago

Lighter fluid to clean rubbers....if you can even clean black rubbers .

#6 8 months ago

Keep them in the box, try and flip them for profit.

#7 8 months ago

Reduce the trough eject power to it's lowest setting. It's too high from the factory and can damage the shooter lane. First thing I do before plunging the first ball.

#8 8 months ago

Just mentally be prepared for issues. They're inevitable. And cherish the fact that you have ridiculously awesome commercial-grade entertainment at your fingertips!

#9 8 months ago

Cliffy protectors shooter lane protector. Change out rubbers. Oh & next time pick better games

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

get cleaning supplies. novus 1 for plastics, millswax for playfield. i forgot the name, but the cleaner for rubber stuff on the slings and flippers, posts. you'd be surprised how much dirt it takes off.
avoid mods. been there done that, doesn't add much.

Millswax contain silicone so I would not recommend that product for playfields. Use carnuaba wax products instead, like Blitz Grand One or similar and a sponge applicator.

Novus 1 and 2 are great to have too. Just don't use nr 2 too often (it's abrasive).

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Cliffy protectors shooter lane protector. Change out rubbers. Oh & next time pick better games

The Mandalorian is one of the best pinball machines I’ve played and my wife liked the simple playing field of Led Zeppelin. Any time the wife tells you to buy a pinball machine you do it!

#12 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Personally I would swap out the balls.
Peeps will also tell you order some coil stops from pinballblife as a back up.
But generally no. Play the machines and have fun. Keep them clean.

Is there a recommended set of balls that are considered better?

#13 8 months ago

Any..........Joey

#15 8 months ago
Quoted from Mopedman:

Not really, everyone has their favorites. I like the ones from Titan

I would avoid the carbons from Ballbaron 100%; piss poor.

#16 8 months ago

When pulling out the pf, lift as you pull out. It does not lock into the out position like older games. Pf just slides on rails and will drop off if pulled straight out. Learned that the hard way.

Other than that, you don't need to do anything other than fix anything that breaks or comes loose. Maybe wipe pf down now and then to keep it looking nice. If interested, you can go through the menu settings to make the game easier/harder or adjust power of coils to get the game exactly how you like it.

#17 8 months ago

Oh I just thought of something keep games away from direct sunlight or else art will fade; kidding about games if you're happy then it's all good.

#18 8 months ago

Put them on quality surge protector.

#19 8 months ago
Quoted from Mopedman:

I like the ball baron ninja balls for non magnet games. Really shiny
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

for magnet games I use their carbon ones
https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#20 8 months ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Oh I just thought of something keep games away from direct sunlight or else art will fade; kidding about games if you're happy then it's all good.

Good call on the art fade. We are actually having all our game rooms windows tinted this weekend for that reason. Plus we have black out shades on them

#21 8 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Put them on quality surge protector.

Good call for all electronics

#22 8 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

millswax for playfield

really? wouldn't let that crap touch my playfield!

#23 8 months ago

Buy a few coils stops. The spike 2 games just seem to go through them really quick.

2 months later
#24 5 months ago

I just bought my first pin so thank you for this thread guys! It sounds like some replacement coil stoppers are good to have on hand and just generally take care of it and keep it clean!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!