You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

139fbe4b264c80a55874b5681c891e778c684450 (resized).jpg
a8c319a4359e1cd7683069f757571e4a978e7c25 (resized).jpg
4adbc891782becbec1ad37f81e06a12095afd868 (resized).jpg
IMG_3736 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JRBBRJ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Welcome to pinball!
I am 20 minutes down the road in Crofton and have a few suggestions for local pinball.
If you are worried about COVID, hands down the best place to go near you is the MOMs Organic Market in College Park Maryland. https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11547-mom-s-organic-market-college-park-md they have 30+ well maintained machines including the Lord of The Rings and Batman 66 you mentioned as well as the latest hotness like Led Zeppelin and Avengers. Machines ranging back to the 1970s. Additionally, the machines are pretty spread out, and they have by far the longest hours of anyplace around. If you are worried about other people, they open at 9 a.m. with the grocery store and are usually deserted until the evening. You can go there and not come within 20 feet of another person. Its as safe as you can get while playing without owning one. It’s 50 cents a game for the good stuff too. Make your next grocery run there and check it out. Machines are hidden in a separate room to the left once you go inside behind a big red curtain. 10/10 would recommend for COVID skittish.
Another place closer to you is VUK in Bethesda. Pizza bar with 10+ machines, usually the lastest Stern hotness. https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9002-vuk-bethesda-md The guy who owns the MOMs chain is a huge pinball fan and has his personal collection spilling into VUK and MOMs from what I understand. Both these places do pinball leagues if you get interested when things calm down.
The last and my personal favorite is CrabtowneUSA. They have more vintage games and a vintage arcade. 30ish pins including your Black Knight 2000… at .25cent per play. Cream of crab soup here is amazing and I try to sneak in for an hour or so every other week or so on my way home from work. Machines are not in as good condition as the other places, but still worth checking out. https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/1526-crabtowne-usa-glen-burnie-md
Between all of these places, if I were worried about COVID I would think that MOMs in College park is your number one pick. If you are not worried they are all great. There are other places nearby but these are the closest to you at 20 minutes away… 80 pinball machines.
I’ve got 5 myself if you ever want to swing by Crofton you are welcome to try out my Rick and Morty, Black Knight, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Twilight Zone, and Star Trek, The Next Generation (lineup subject to change).
Welcome to the hobby and glad you got to play some pinball![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is a really nice post. It is these types of informative and kind posts directed towards strangers, that got me to join pinside. It is a really great way to grow the community. If I was on that side of the country I would buy you a beer. Cheers

*sidenote- someday I’ll make it to MOM’s. Place looks so cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JRBBRJ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-playing-all-of-these-machines?tu=JRBBRJ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.