You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

139fbe4b264c80a55874b5681c891e778c684450 (resized).jpg
a8c319a4359e1cd7683069f757571e4a978e7c25 (resized).jpg
4adbc891782becbec1ad37f81e06a12095afd868 (resized).jpg
IMG_3736 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Yesterday, I was driving home from the Outer Banks of North Carolina and had to stop at Flippers Arcade in Grandy, NC. The last several months I have been spending a lot of my free time watching YouTube videos of pinball machines. I couldn't stand it any longer and decided to mask up and stop in Flippers to see what I could play.
I was impressed with their collection of pinball machines. For $5 I played their "pinball museum" for an hour. It was a blast.
Here are the games I played and my newbie impressions of them.
Addams Family - I played it once. It was a very quick game. If I remember correctly, I drained a couple balls on the left side and one down the middle. I hardly was able to do anything before my 3 balls were gone.
Black Knight 2000 - Easily my favorite game that I played there. Love, love, love the music. The game is beautiful. Love the flashing lights and the music. I enjoyed the game play. I have been watching how it plays on YouTube and I was able to get the gate thing down, but never got more than 1 ball across the bridge and locked. I was able to lock some balls several times on the lower play field and got multi-ball a few times. I was able to use the magna save once, which was cool. I really like the game and I thought it was challenging. Its a beautiful machine. One of the rubber band things on the left side of the lower play field was broken on this particular machine. I could see owning this one. It's an impressive machine, beautiful, flashy, and such a great song. I played 3 or 4 games on it.
Black Knight Sword of Rage - Pro - I really enjoyed this machine too. I wish it had the upper play field, but I had a great time on this machine. I played 3 or 4 games on it. I was entertained. Fun music and call outs from the Black Knight. The ramp things that I was able to hit were smooth and fun. The Black Knight guy was fun to bash. I locked 2 balls behind the shield thing. I didn't get very far into the game. I think I fought the Hydra. I can't remember if I got a multi-ball, but I might have. I dig the Black Knight theme and wanted to keep playing the game, but made myself try some other machines. I wish the magna save was on the side by the flipper button.
The Beatles - I liked this machine. I only played it once. I wasn't able to quite figure out what I had to do to progress into other modes. I enjoyed the music, but had trouble hearing the songs well because the Black Knight was still playing behind me. haha. The layout of the machine was very different and it took me a while to get the hang of the top 2 flippers. The magnet thing at the top of the play field was neat, but I couldn't figure out what made it come on and stop my ball and drop it. I liked how the game was bright and of course the Beatles music was nice.
Medieval Madness - I liked it. I think I only played it once or twice. I don't know if all the machines are like this one, but it was really dark and I felt it needed more lighting on the play field. Maybe this machine had a problem? It was fun. I hit the castle a bunch and eventually the trolls popped up. For some reason I couldn't hit the trolls and they eventually went back down. The machine had Monty Python type people talking to me, at least that's what it reminded me of.
Monster Bash - I liked this one too. I had difficulty hearing the sounds and music. I couldn't figure out how to progress in this game. I think I got the creature from the black lagoon sign illimunated up to the 3rd light. It seemed really smooth to play. The Black Night was calling me again. I want to play this game some more.
Whirlwind - I liked it. The fan topper wasn't working. A few times the game acted like the wind was blowing, but the topper fan didn't come on. I got balls into those hatches on the play field. I hit the ramp a few times. I couldn't quite figure out what I had to do in this game. I enjoyed it a lot. Again, Black Knight 2000 was calling me. I want to play this game some more.
I am looking forward to returning to Flippers in the future. I want to play Stranger Things, The Wizard of Oz, Batman 66, Lord of the Rings. They had so many machines and I was the only person playing them.
Is something wrong with me for liking Black Knight 2000 and Black Knight Sword of Rage Pro so much? haha

You should consider reviewing these games here on pinside. The cool thing is you can go back and update your ratings as you get more time in the hobby or on a specific machine. It can be interesting to go back and look at how you rated a game before and compare to how you feel about it afterwards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 300.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-playing-all-of-these-machines?tu=DudeRegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.