85259d90d047e29b15b73221f260371bb9975070_(resized).jpg
0_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151211_191746.jpg
IMG_20151211_191624.jpg
482848.jpg
IMG_20151208_212527.jpg
IMG_20151209_203242_01.jpg
IMG_20151208_191345.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Welcome to the world of pinball! Start clearing space in your house for more games - they multiply like rabbits.

1. Just noticed, the copper wire that should attach to the wire that supports the tilt bob appears to be disconnected.

Side note - For formal testing (probably not necessary here, but i wrote this out before noticing the obvious) Pull the ball out of the game, and put it in switch test mode. You can get into the various test modes using the red button by the volume knob on the inside of the coin door - probably towards the top of the coin door, facing upwards, if it's like games from a year or two earlier. If you don't have a manual (which will detail the test procedures) you can download one for free on IPDB.org

2. Don't mess with it, trust me on this. That doesn't look 1/1000th as bad as if you were to pull up a huge strip of paint across the middle of the glass, which almost certainly would happen.
You should probably sell me the game, instead.

#4 8 years ago

So I *think* the wire (circled in green) should be attached to the tilt plumb wire (where the red arrow is)

I've got a cat on my lap, and will double-check as soon as he gets up.

*edit* I have verified this is correct. You can either solder it to there, or if that's not an option, you can attach it to one of the screws that holes the wire hanger to get by.

482848.jpg482848.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-pin-two-questions?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.