Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pinsanity
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

hey I've never owned a pin before and i'm looking to buy my first. the only problem is i live in australia and am struggling to find anything even close to my budget. hoping to spend under $1500 can anybody point me in the right direction?

#3 12 years ago

Yep, www.pinballshed.com.au (if you aint already a member, AussieArcade.com.au

#5 12 years ago

Are you looking for a DMD machine? Under $1500 makes for slim pickings in Australia.

Most of these Gottliebs from 1992 onwards may fit into that price bracket (or slightly above) depending on condition and title (see link):
http://ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=257&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced

You should also be able to pick up some Data east Titles for around the 1500-1800 range:
Hook
Lethal Weapon
Last Action Hero

Stretch your budget up to around $2000 and the options open up to Bally/Williams titles:
World Cup Soccer
Getaway
Fish Tales
Judge Dredd
Demolition Man
Black Rose

#6 12 years ago

Thanks for everyone's help. Would love to get a DMD machine but have a strict budget of $1500 and am now realizing this is unlikely. Followed up on all your suggestions and links still not able to find one for under 1500 though.

#7 12 years ago

Get on the forum, there are guys that sell them at a good price... No harm in asking there...

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from virgin_owner:

Thanks for everyone's help. Would love to get a DMD machine but have a strict budget of $1500 and am now realizing this is unlikely. Followed up on all your suggestions and links still not able to find one for under 1500 though.

Cash is king. Go into a pinball dealer premises with your maximum budget of $1500 cash and stick to it.

A lot of the pinball retail/dealers bring in containers from Europe regularly and after buying the high end titles, they fill up the remaining spaces of those containers with cheaper titles such as the Gottliebs and Data Easts mentioned above (just about every pinball container to Australia in the last 10 years has had at least 1 Data East Lethal Weapon in it, if not more).

In a retail environment, these titles have a slower turnover rate (you see them listed as .99cent start auctions on ebay Australia regularly) and they take up space in their premises.

Go there in person with the list above and make an offer, showing that you are genuine and that way they avoid the time wasters on ebay.

Plus you can play the actual machine in person and test it out for yourself.

Worth a shot. Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 9.95
$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-owner-australia-with-a-tight-budget and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.