(Topic ID: 138512)

First time on route maybe...what to buy?

By VolunteerPin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I may have an opportunity to put my first pin on route in a local pizza joint. It would be a very advantageous earnings split which hopefully will make my first foray into this a little more rewarding. I'm leaning towards something new and a pro (Kiss vs. GoT vs. Metallica vs. IM vs. something else.) There is already a TWD pro on route in my area so would rather do something different. My initial thought would be to start with one and add an additional if it looks like it would be profitable. At that point rotate in new pro pins a couple of times a year and either sell the routed pin or add it to my personal collection to eventually have a very nice large collection which has been at least in part offset in cost.

Just FYI...this is not something I'm looking to get rich with and is VERY secondary to my life. Any funds I do make would basically be to offset my hobby costs and to increase local pin availability.

Also, I've heard that bill acceptors can really help revenue. Not sure how true this is.

Any suggestions from you veterens? I'd like thoughts on income but also maintenance ease.

#7 8 years ago

Was working on that today. I knew I needed a stamp which is only $10/machine. Not bad at all. However, I will also need a $500/year coin operated amusement license which may just put this whole idea out of commission. Not sure if that is worthwhile for only one machine.

Any thoughts with that?

#9 8 years ago

Of course I would get it. Does the $500/year offset what I could potentially make is what I wonder. As I have never done this before I truly have no idea what to expect.

For example...if the pin brings in $500/ year (net to me) and all of it goes to taxes then that is pointless. But if the pin brings in $1500 (net to me) then there is still $1000 of profit. I just have no idea what a pin is expected to do financially.

If operators don't want to share that info on a forum post I totally get it. Feel free to PM with any information you'd like kept confidential but still helpful to me.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

How the heck would I know what you might take in ? So many variables. Location, machines, people. You want to be an op, then you need to push ahead and learn. What works, what doesn't. Then you know what your income is. No guarantees before you do something.

Remember when you wrote this ?
LTG : )

Both very valid points. I certainly understand there are no guarantees. On the other hand, trying to do some due diligence before starting something is certainly worthwhile and wise. I would guess there are averages and data that is generally known and that is all I was looking for. Also, I'm sure experience has shown what type of pins and what type of schedule to rotate them are most advantageous.

No sense in me trying to re-invent the wheel, so to speak. I just want to learn as much as I can before I make the plunge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-on-route-maybewhat-to-buy?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.