(Topic ID: 97317)

first time buyer, might have jumped the gun

By capital

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capital.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

1900 for lethal weapon 3
after doing my research i found lots of lower prices but of course those machines had issues of one variety or another. so my question is: is this a reasonable price for this machine? considering it will have a 90 day warranty from a reputable salesperson? even if the machine is flawless, am i getting ripped off? so far ive paid 1200. should i keep going for the lw3 or another machine? any advice is greatly appreciated.

#22 9 years ago

thanks abunch for the input yall! most of what im hearing here is just reaffirming what i had already thought. which to me is a good thing. a few more details:

the machine is being restored at the shop i work at. therefore ill know that the thing plays great before it comes to my house and starts its warranty.

i could have paid 1600 for the machine if i made one cash payment. however that wasnt quite in the books, and i am paying for this machine over the course of three months.

i am also getting a lw3 playfield, translite, and driver board with the deal. so there is at least some potential to save money down the line when needing to repair the machine.

and in case anyone is wondering why lw3 as a first pin? i live about a four second bike ride from an arcade with 100+pinball tables. every machine that has come through that arcade, i have played into the ground. for whatever reason, this arcade has not had a lw3. in addition to that, i have never seen any of the movies. ive even avoided looking at the game online just so i can have that feeling of fresh subject matter the first time i stand in front of it. and i know this is the exact opposite of the usual story: "played this game a million times at some point in my life and knew i had to have one" but whatever, all things considered it seems like a good place to start!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capital.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-buyer-might-have-jumped-the-gun?tu=capital and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.