(Topic ID: 190188)

First time buyer is Pirates of Caribbean HUO a good start?

By LoogieLarry

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballlew
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backbox-sml (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I had one for a bit, it's definitely a fun game. Only issue is the ship, it tends to break. It's design is a bit odd, a mix of coils, springs and a motor to make it work so there is a lot that can go wrong with that particular part. Not too bad to repair it though if you take the time to figure out how the ship works, and the parts for it are available and cheap.

I have owned the pin for 9+ years and nothing has ever broke on my pin. I guess it just depends.

I think it's a great firs pin for reliability (at least my experience), fun especially for younger kids and family. It's fairly easy to understand the rules and make a good bit of progress but it will take a good player to reach the wizard modes.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Not "easy" by any means, I've never made it to the wizard mode myself, great game!

I myself have never made it to the Wizard mode (three balls plus EB) but it's within my sight. So I like that since it's reachable but not easy by any means.

Let's say, I have kept it all this time, could have flipped it for a different game but it has kept my interest for 9+ years. If I had a small collection I would probably have traded it but since I was able to keep it while adding to my collection, I kept it.

I like the theme, I am just watching the movies again (the pin is only covers movie 1 and 2) it is loosely based on the movies, I mean it uses the places and Heart-chest/Kraken, liars dice, collecting pirates etc. from movie 2 maybe the Tortuga and Port Royal and compass from movies 1-2 and the ships names whatnot. But it is not a strict retelling of the movies.

I don't recall there being a lot of ship to ship combat in the movies, there was some and you never really fight the Kraken that is just made up for the pin. So it's more loosely based on the movies, not like SM which as movie scenes in the DMD and movie call outs .

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a pretty huge Kraken fight set piece in Pirates 2.
» YouTube video

good point, all in fun movies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 218.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-buyer-is-pirates-of-caribbean-huo-a-good-start?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.