2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Teamhex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

You can replace just the spring. I'd be worried about the rest of it though. A spring takes a really long time to wear out, so my thought is...what else needs replacing. Check to make sure the plunger moves freely inside the coil's sleeve at the very least. Make sure it doesn't have resistance. That would indicate a melted sleeve or debris in there preventing it from coming back down. I had to replace an entire coil because the sleeve was badly melted to the inside of the coil. The flipper would get stuck at the end of the sleeve causing it to not come back down. First 70% of the action was fine, but the last 30% was melted and caused the plunger to get wedged. I found that out by physically moving it and feeling the resistance. Check that to make sure it's not just a spring issue.

I would still recommend replacing the sleeve if you're going to be ordering parts. I have a Firepower and I've done some work to the flippers and pops before. It can be intimidating at first, but it's really not bad. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and you'll be glad later(I know I was).

Also! I had a weird issue with my Firepower where one of the flippers would stick up. I couldn't figure it out, but finally I saw the EOS switch was bent badly and the part that touches it was binding on the sharp edge of the EOS switch. Check that as well. Just a thought.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Teamhex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-tech-postnewbie-with-a-firepower-flipper-question?tu=Teamhex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.