By blizz81

5 years ago

Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jay_Allegro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

first_sample.PNG

#1 5 years ago

Brought home an RBION yesterday. Everything seems to work fine. Generally in player's shape, but I figure this is a good start $-wise in the DMD world. Adjusted the vari-target as my first move. Will be looking into what I can do with LEDs.

One thing I was wondering - I've read not to use liquid-type waxes (or anything liquid, really) on the playfield, but it seems everyone uses Novus. Since it's a clear, would using polymer waxes and sealants and/or liquid car polishes be fine as well? Regarding wax, people seem to only use carnuba paste, but I'm a car detail guy and already have some good products in my detail regiment.

Now my pool table has to go...

first_sample.PNG

#2 5 years ago

awesome!!!! i love this machine, keep that retracting ball target functioning 100% for the countries and extra ball and you'll never get tired of this theme. i love the audio...such a good pinball congrats.

use Novus 2 to wax playfield and ramps. why let the pool table go? that way other people have something to do when you're cranking out super jackpots!

#3 5 years ago

How amazing! I drove to the other side of town to play RBION earlier today! Omne of the most fun games since Stern came around/back/whatever.

Damn Veri-target is real frustrating on the one I play though.

#4 5 years ago

Great machine, you wil love it. Congrats on the purchase!

#5 5 years ago

Congrats, I hear RBION is a great game

#6 5 years ago

Congrats! RBION is fun pin, another great pat lawlor design.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

Congrats, I hear RBION is a great game

Congrats and it is a great pin and I enjoyed playing it very much at my friend's a few weeks ago.

#8 5 years ago

Congrats on your first pin!!!

#9 5 years ago

nice where did you find that one at??

#10 5 years ago

i have been playing this alot on the pinball arcade. really a fun pin. i might add it to my list.

#11 5 years ago

Nice find. Mine is down at the moment. Something to consider though is to get a stealth protector to put around the magnet when you shop it out. Mine is getting chewed up and when I shop it out it will be the first thing to get done. Another is a cliffy for the scoop.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

nice where did you find that one at??

Closer to you than me - Minneapolis.

Something to consider though is to get a stealth protector to put around the magnet when you shop it out. Mine is getting chewed up and when I shop it out it will be the first thing to get done. Another is a cliffy for the scoop.

Good call on the magnet. The scoop has a cliffy that seems installed pretty well/isn't dented. Right now both of the adjustable outlane posts are moved all the way down but I get a lot of sling->post->sling->out on the right lane, might try moving that to see how things go.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Damn Veri-target is real frustrating on the one I play though.

I really like the vari-target, except when it sticks a ball between it and the post and you're in a countdown. Previous owner had it a couple ticks back/easier to sink, I moved it back to the second tooth

#14 5 years ago

Interesting. I've only played it in the wild so I've never seen how the mechanism works up close. I like the idea of it, but damned if I don't hit that sucker right in the chops to start a mode a lot and it bounces right out. Sometimes it just feels "heavy."

#15 5 years ago

Cool beans! Congrats on the pickup.

#16 5 years ago

Good pin to start out with. Congrats hope you love it!!!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

Brought home an RBION yesterday. Everything seems to work fine. Generally in player's shape, but I figure this is a good start $-wise in the DMD world. Adjusted the vari-target as my first move. Will be looking into what I can do with LEDs.
    One thing I was wondering - I've read not to use liquid-type waxes (or anything liquid, really) on the playfield, but it seems everyone uses Novus. Since it's a clear, would using polymer waxes and sealants and/or liquid car polishes be fine as well? Regarding wax, people seem to only use carnuba paste, but I'm a car detail guy and already have some good products in my detail regiment.
    Now my pool table has to go...

Attachments
    first_sample.PNG (1090 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old

Fantastic game! Mine is never leaving. You will love this game when you start figuring out everything it has to offer!

#18 5 years ago

Keep the pool table!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Fantastic game! Mine is never leaving. You will love this game when you start figuring out everything it has to offer!

I got a lot of practice on the rules on the new Farsight game. Beating the Asia mode is a lot easier on that (along with it being easier in general being emulation) I did manage to post a 68 mil score after resetting to factory defaults except changing specials/replay to extra balls. Lucky game early on helps the fun factor!

Keep the pool table!

Would if I could. Just takes up too much room. Think of how many pins you can have in the place of a pool table! There's a band setup down there too currently, smushed in around the outside of the pool table.

#20 5 years ago

I just picked one up as well! I already loved this game and now I am excited to be able to spend some real time on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    £ 60.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 2,113 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside