download.jpg
giphy_1.gif
20151007_234707.jpg
20151007_225144.jpg
20151007_224820.jpg
20151006_212819.jpg
20151006_203703.jpg
received_10153775617362994.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#309 9 years ago

Just found this thread. Looks awesome. Played a couple of games of this the other day on location. Always loved this one. Question, with the evaporust, do you need to do anything afterwards to protect the metal from quickly rerusting? Keep up the good work..

2 months later
#326 8 years ago
Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

agree about white rubber so the habitrails dont look lonely (it'd really pop!).
the cab art I'd suggested before could look pretty cool if done tastefully, just go at it decopage-collage style with Playboy's girls, clear over, then decals (or stencils) and more clear for one-of-a-kind new look. a bunch of old magazines, 3M spray adhesive, scissors, rattlecan's of clear. did kinda similar ages ago onto poster board, byebye boxes of mags!
(pinball cab I'd probably stick with scantily clad. in the machine, yeah I'd probably change a bunch of the girls in the foldouts/curtains etc so its that much more unique.
good luck and hope you find a deal on boards its needing

Classic covers, and maybe the Playmate datasheets would be really cool.

1 week later
#331 8 years ago

Love the pink. where did you get the "toy" you have next to the peek a boo curtains?

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Got them off e-bay but heard amazon sells them cheaper.
PLAYBOY (13).JPG
PLAYBOY (19).JPG

just nude statues? or playboy? what is the search term...

4 months later
#394 8 years ago

email and they might be able to add them to your order...Looking good, cant wait to see it done..

2 weeks later
#409 8 years ago

Might have to do if you are running a different voltage, but I know someone more qualified than me will chime in.

2 months later
#421 8 years ago

Looking good, congrats on a nice machine

#431 8 years ago

Could is be a fuse for the pops? Have never worked on this particular game. just a thought. Again congrats on getting it to this stage. Have you decided what you are going to do with the side art?

8 months later
#440 7 years ago

congrats on the quick sale. I was trying to figure out if I could justify driving down to buy it...

1 week later
#446 7 years ago

congrats on the pickup, and getting it working. Also good for future, as it is local and he can still check it out.

1 month later
#467 7 years ago

i suggested this previously, but if you want to do something different with the sides, get some playmate data sheets and decoupage them on the sides. you could probably find some of the older ones, and copy them, and depending how you lay them out. you could cover any nudity that wasn't wanted, or since if there is any, they are on the bottom of the page, you could cut them off. You could also intermingle them with copies of some of the covers.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Insane, I actually think that that is a wonderful idea, and had catalogued it from your earlier post. It would be a ton of work, but make for a beautiful one-off. We'll see...Sadly, I just helped a friend move last month and threw away about 50 old issues that were in his basement. Ugh....so much for free source material.
On to the repair log...
Quite a few of the wires in the head suffered from melted insulation. This meant bare wire touching bare wire adding to the chaos of irradical behavior. Sadly, the OP had already repinned everything. I ended up having to undo this on several connectors by extracting wires, clipping off the header pin, adding heat shrink to the exposed wires and repinning. A thankless task, but we should now have eliminated any shorts during operation (at least due to bare wires).
Orbit swithes are now installed, but they don't seem to do much other than add points when closed. I was hoping for some kind of cool animation on the DMD when a full orbit is achieved... maybe another owner can tell me what I should expect in this scenario.
The reset issues are now worse than ever and she won't even play a full ball... that's what I will attempt to tackle next.

You might be able to google some of them and print them off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-stern-a-smoking-hot-2002-playboy-extensive-smoke-damage?tu=insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.