Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by xeneize
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 279 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image.png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1411.jpg
20151104_114346.jpg
d92cb73c54b40452df7c5e0d96391b7ec71706fa.jpg
download.jpg
giphy_1.gif
20151007_234707.jpg
20151007_225144.jpg
20151007_224820.jpg
20151006_212819.jpg
20151006_203703.jpg
received_10153775617362994.jpeg

There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#250 4 years ago

Let's worry about getting this lady running before wjat the habit trails will do later on. I needed the switch for the Tease toy. The original literally fell apart while removing it. This is the worst part I have come across yet. Unfortunately, I have a wedding this weekend so probably won't get out to the workshop until next week. I ordered a new drop target to get it white again and I had to order a whole new decal set to get the bunny for it... sigh. Keep pushing forward.

My brother in law is a graphic artist and will be making me custome side art (why not go custom if I have to do it anyways right?) Let's hear some suggestions. And this won't be done for some months so don't get too excited.

And thanks to j_m who will be sending me some miscellaneous parts that he has laying around for this game!

#251 4 years ago

Double post have a good day

#252 4 years ago

Since your bunny head didn't tumble out well, you should powder coat it white like the ball guide. Its supposed to be white anyway.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Since your bunny head didn't tumble out well, you should powder coat it white like the ball guide. Its supposed to be white anyway.

Are you sure? Here is a NOS Marco. I plan on doing something with it. Just not sure what yet. Pink, White, Chrome or NOS are all options right now.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9097-01

#254 4 years ago

The bunny thing is like what Marco has in that pic. Bare metal. Not painted. Sure you can painted to whatever you want to, but original was not painted.

#255 4 years ago

What Squeakman meant by "Its [sic] supposed to be white anyway." is that the Playboy bunny icon is, in fact, white in color. Yes, the original VUK toy in Stern's machine is bare metal, but Squeakman was saying, "Well, since it didn't tumble back to the 'right' bare metal coloration, why not paint it white to match the habitrails you now have in the machine, *especially* since the bunny logo is supposed to be white, anyway?"

If you need an example, look at any of the playfield inlane/outlane rollovers, or, alternately, look at the logo that's on the drop target. The bunny is white. That's why he mentioned that.

I, too, think it would be an interesting look alongside the habitrails, and you wouldn't have to paint the inside of it, necessarily. Could be something to think about, anyway...nothing that *has* to happen, but since you're just going to have the part lying around anyway, why not try it out for kicks?

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looking fantastic. Awesome job all around.

Agreed.

But is anyone else waiting for this thread to actually get NSFW?

#258 4 years ago

bust out all those old Playboy mags.. cab black, go collage crazy all over it, thick clearcoats and sanding smooth before painting graphics (and more clearcoats) might be a pretty cool look. kinda factory looking but scads of bikini girlies in there behind the paintjob.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Agreed.

I saw this and was intrigued. Was wondering how a resto thread would be NSFW (although I can imagine a few ways I guess......)

Looking good though, OP. Nice work so far.

#260 4 years ago

What is NSFW?

#261 4 years ago

Not safe for work

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#263 4 years ago

What is more funny about that pic is the file name .. wtf?!? lol

#265 4 years ago

I thought this was a family friendly forum???

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

FuturePinhead: I'm sorry.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

I thought this was a family friendly forum???

Threads with "NSFW" in the title are often also NSFF...

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

What Squeakman meant by "Its [sic] supposed to be white anyway." is that the Playboy bunny icon is, in fact, white in color. Yes, the original VUK toy in Stern's machine is bare metal, but Squeakman was saying, "Well, since it didn't tumble back to the 'right' bare metal coloration, why not paint it white to match the habitrails you now have in the machine, *especially* since the bunny logo is supposed to be white, anyway?"
If you need an example, look at any of the playfield inlane/outlane rollovers, or, alternately, look at the logo that's on the drop target. The bunny is white. That's why he mentioned that.
I, too, think it would be an interesting look alongside the habitrails, and you wouldn't have to paint the inside of it, necessarily. Could be something to think about, anyway...nothing that *has* to happen, but since you're just going to have the part lying around anyway, why not try it out for kicks?

Gotcha, makes total sense. You guys have been busy on this thread haha. I had a wedding reception last night so kind of hurting but I got some new parts in so stay tuned this week!

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I had a wedding reception last night so kind of hurting

You probably didn't even know the bride and groom, but just found out there was free booze and you walked in!!! I'm beginning to worry about your liver!!!

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

You probably didn't even know the bride and groom, but just found out there was free booze and you walked in!!! I'm beginning to worry about your liver!!!

Just now beginning to worry?! Some friend you are. You should have been worried years ago.

#271 4 years ago

Update: I did some stuff to the game last night.

#272 4 years ago

Update: I did some stuff to the game last night.

I hope you used protection

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

I hope you used protection

Haha thanks for giving me a chuckle. No need to however; I only used my hands.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

But they're not white. White is different.

White paints typically are stronger than most colors. Something about the titanium dioxide in it makes the adhesion strength much better. Not sure if the same properties hold true in powdercoating

That being said colored powdercoated wireforms holds up well in some games and not at all in others (the left one in DE Simpsons being one of the worst ones)

#276 4 years ago

I realized what I'd said after I said it and was too lazy to edit it. I deserve it.

#277 4 years ago

I only used my hands.

That was one of the rare times you are being truthful!!!

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

White paints typically are stronger than most colors. Something about the titanium dioxide in it makes the adhesion strength much better. Not sure if the same properties hold true in powdercoating
That being said colored powdercoated wireforms holds up well in some games and not at all in others (the left one in DE Simpsons being one of the worst ones)

Your second paragraph was at the forefront of my thinking. As well, being white, they're going to show ball tracks more more quickly than a darker color. Nothing that can't be cleaned and monitored, mind you, but still: it'll show awfully fast, especially the places on the habitrails that get fed by the VUK and the left ramp.

#279 4 years ago

Finished up the last few mechs on the bottom and soldered in the pop bumper lights. Also put all new bulbs in the bottom. I know I have to replace 4 or 5 sockets due to brittleness.
Put on all the spotlights and new sockets on top.
I put the new drop target in and decal. I had to buy the decal set for the drop target so why not put the flipper decals on?

20141108_203804.jpg 20141108_203801.jpg 20141108_203819-194.jpg 20141105_180229.jpg 20141108_161006.jpg
#280 4 years ago

Finally figured out where this plastic goes and the 2 way mirror installed and the backboard completed

20141109_130551.jpg 20141109_130558.jpg 20141109_130615.jpg 20141109_130750.jpg 20141109_130927.jpg
#281 4 years ago

It's not too late to rerubber in white...

#282 4 years ago

I agree, tis a bit dark. I might order some soon. I am about to put a pause on this one until Borygard and I can get together on some boards. I am almost done with the playfield, then I have a bit of work to do on the cabinet but other than that its just waiting for the brain of the game.

I might try to fit in a playfield swap on Taxi in the downtime.

#283 4 years ago

Well done sir!

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Well done sir!

Thank you

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Well done sir!

I should have said the same before telling you that it still wasn't too late to rerubber in white. Sorry about that. You really are doing a great job with this!

Can I make one more (possible) recommendation? The black posts might be a good change to red. For some reason, now that you've done the habitrails in white, I kind of want to go with more of a red-white-and-blue theme around the playfield (Super Jackpot music might have something to do with this, too). Original colors provide a rather drab/blah playfield on this game.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

I should have said the same before telling you that it still wasn't too late to rerubber in white. Sorry about that. You really are doing a great job with this!
Can I make one more (possible) recommendation? The black posts might be a good change to red. For some reason, now that you've done the habitrails in white, I kind of want to go with more of a red-white-and-blue theme around the playfield (Super Jackpot music might have something to do with this, too). Original colors provide a rather drab/blah playfield on this game.

It's fine, I appreciate the constructive criticism. I plan on changing the flippers rubbers to yellow to match the yellow right by them. It will also be easier to see them in action. The slingshots I would like to change to white and a few others but it will more or less be a mix and match.

You actually raise a good point on the posts. I'm not feeling the red on the playfield but I do have more options that I can look out for. What about these? And keep in mind everyone that I am in a dark and dreary pole barn and everything will look better with the game on. I am not an LED person at all except for 2 games, WCS and this one. So I might play with some LEDs after I play a few games, who knows.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5059-01

#287 4 years ago

You actually raise a good point on the posts. I'm not feeling the red on the playfield but I do have more options that I can look out for. What about these? And keep in mind everyone that I am in a dark and dreary pole barn and everything will look better with the game on. I am not an LED person at all except for 2 games, WCS and this one. So I might play with some LEDs after I play a few games, who knows.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5059-01

We're actually talking about different posts. I was referring to the black post sleeves at the entrances to the ramps and such. You're talking about the slingshot posts and such.

I think the clear might be interesting where you're talking about. I still like the idea of the red post sleeves at the ramp entrances, but it's certainly not a hill to die on for me. Besides, it's not my machine.

If you're going to go with the clear slingshot posts, then white rubber would be a *must*. And honestly: if you're going to do white rubber in some places, please don't go halfway...all white, please. Mixing the two will suck worse than all black.

Have I upped my offer to $84.99 yet? Heck...I'll even throw in a Snickers bar. NOT THE KING SIZE SNICKERS BAR, mind you; I'm not *made* of money.

2 weeks later
#288 4 years ago

So...you died, then? Can I have it? Oh! DIBS!!!!!!!

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

So...you died, then? Can I have it? Oh! DIBS!!!!!!!

Nope not dead yet. Been doing other life stuff. I did work on the backboard a bit. I had two screws break apart from the backboard (the ones that held the motor in place) that are apparently impossible to find. I have tried all the usual places. So I am trying to find a creative way to get that motor attached. I will most likely just do a thinner machine screw with a nut on the other side.

I have also been doing some work on my Centipede restore.

#290 4 years ago

Nope not dead yet. Been doing other life stuff. I did work on the backboard a bit. I had two screws break apart from the backboard (the ones that held the motor in place) that are apparently impossible to find. I have tried all the usual places. So I am trying to find a creative way to get that motor attached. I will most likely just do a thinner machine screw with a nut on the other side.
I have also been doing some work on my Centipede restore.

Aw, gyp!

1 month later
#292 4 years ago

Hey, did you all forget about me? I've been on an arcade hiatus for awhile. Rob has my boards ready (assuming they weren't part of his horrible luck) but I have my big speeding ticket coming up in January. I need to start on the the backbox and get that metal plate ready. I am still not sure what I am going to do with the decals but we'll see of this beast works. Playfield is done except a couple of light sockets, one switch and some plastics. Oh and trying to figure out about customizing the rubbers

20150104_155804.jpg 20150104_155821.jpg 20150104_155826.jpg 20150104_155836.jpg
#293 4 years ago

I agree about all white rubber everywhere as -very- complimentary to the habitrails, good suggestion!
it'd brighten things up some and have the white habitrails "belonging". yes to yellow flipper bands too.
you'd mentioned not being much for LED's, but in the right places a few slow RGB color changers could look very cool reflecting off the white habitrails white rubber, also get the light blue, pink, white, yellow on the playfield glowing-changing-popping subtly (some might hate an idea like that until they see it working).
it'd take some playing around with a few of those trying in different locations for the effect to work, or to find out it just doesnt, but a few (4?) wouldnt cost much. they can sometimes do fun things behind a backglass too located selectively.

#294 4 years ago

I wouldn't be opposed to trying some different things but it will all be after I get it running. I will do the rubbers while this is still in the rotisserie since I know it needs to be done and will be easier out of the cab.

#295 4 years ago

Hey Jared . . . . how about checking your email. I sent you one before Christmas about the TAF.
Mike

#296 4 years ago

My generation prefers to use the postal service.

I'll check it after work.

1 month later
#297 4 years ago

Any news to report?

1 week later
#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

Any news to report?

Hey sorry, I sent my DMD controller board and DMD to Rob Anthony to have him test them and let me know if they are functional. They looked the best out of them all. I am then purchasing all the rest of the stuff. Playfield is done.

I just bought a house and then Uncle Sam wasn't very nice with my tax returns. I owe him just under a grand so funds are tight as always. I am expecting to need about another 1000-1200 before I can hit the On switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside