Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xeneize
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 279 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image.png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1411.jpg
20151104_114346.jpg
d92cb73c54b40452df7c5e0d96391b7ec71706fa.jpg
download.jpg
giphy_1.gif
20151007_234707.jpg
20151007_225144.jpg
20151007_224820.jpg
20151006_212819.jpg
20151006_203703.jpg
received_10153775617362994.jpeg

There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 5 years ago

Don't hold a piece while you try to drill out a rivet. I'll spare you the details. Just a life a lesson for you.

#52 5 years ago

Looks great!

#53 5 years ago

Nice work! This game is way worthy of the the time and effort...one of my all time favorites.

I would take the advice on cleaning parts with rubbing alcohol and a mr clean white magic eraser...that combo is a miracle worker.

You'll be very happy once this is working.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Don't hold a piece while you try to drill out a rivet. I'll spare you the details. Just a life a lesson for you.

Yikes. Hope it didn't cost you to many stitches Learned that the hard way years ago.

Looks like a fun project here.

#55 5 years ago

labor of love!

#56 5 years ago

That's cleaning up much better than I expected.

Looking good.

#57 5 years ago

Oh man! I'm proud of you! That lower PF area is just beautiful!!! What a great job you are doing!

If you are using a lot of alcohol, you can buy it at Sams Club. That's the cheapest price I've found.

I guess you chewed up some fingers or hand while holding that piece! 'We' never learn! I've done the same thing many times over my vast years of living! Ha.

I would LOVE to be there to help you with this. Keep up the good work. But don't get in too much of a hurry just so you can take pictures and show us all your progress. Take it slow and easy and work on this carefully, as if it is filled with nitro glycerin! Ha. Seriously . . . when you slow down, you don't make as many mistakes. I know how fast you like to work.

I would really like to tell everyone about you and David Letterman and the Quarters . . .
Mike

#58 5 years ago

I have all kinds of photos to upload but my mobile pinside is going nuts. Anybody else experiencing this?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I would really like to tell everyone about you and David Letterman and the Quarters . . .

I don't know what this means, but you seem to know each other...so, what's holding you back? Is there nudity involved? Mike Tyson? Tigers?

#60 5 years ago

He's just an old busy body from Bowling Green. Don't pay any attention to him seriously though is everybody else's Pinside on their phone acting weird or is it my phone? Its just white.background with black text, no color or photos or alignment

#61 5 years ago

// Error: Image 276289 not found //

Okay, back in action. Pictures are in no particular order. Don't ask me how I ended up on this section of the game. It just seemed like these pieces were attached so I just went with it. Tonights task is going to be one of the ramps.

20140820_203642.jpg 20140820_204151.jpg 20140820_213643.jpg 20140820_215811.jpg 20140820_215820.jpg 20140820_215907.jpg 20140820_215901.jpg 20140820_215854.jpg 20140820_215832.jpg 20140820_215836.jpg 20140820_215840.jpg
#62 5 years ago

I have been surprised with EvapoRust. As you can see in the last couple of photos, it eats rust but not decals. Its the same with plastic on plungers and with rubber on brackets. Really awesome stuff. I am most pleased with the magazine and the bunny VUK

#63 5 years ago

I have been surprised with EvapoRust. As you can see in the last couple of photos, it eats rust but not decals. Its the same with plastic on plungers and with rubber on brackets. Really awesome stuff. I am most pleased with the magazine and the bunny VUK

A friend made some huge tubes that could hold a set of legs in evaporust but I haven't tried it yet. It's great to see how well it's working for you.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I guess you chewed up some fingers or hand while holding that piece! 'We' never learn! I've done the same thing many times over my vast years of living! Ha.
. . .
Mike

Why the hell is this? My main passion is woodworking and to this day if I have to drill a small part I still think I can easily hold it down rather than take the 60 seconds required to pop it in a vise. Maybe 1/3 of the time I am successful. At least I am now smart enough now to take it slow so I no longer do any real damage before I realize I need to put it in the vice. Sometimes I start to wonder if my wife is right when she says 'all men are stupid'......Nah

Sorry to sidetrack

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

Is there nudity involved?

No nudity (thank God!), just two choices: stupidity or stupendous!

He once appeared on the David Letterman show and did one of those 'Stupid People Tricks' things.

It's awesome. I've seen it in person. A handful of Quarters and a nose. I'll leave it at that!
Mike

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

No nudity (thank God!), just two choices: stupidity or stupendous!
He once appeared on the David Letterman show and did one of those 'Stupid People Tricks' things.
It's awesome. I've seen it in person. A handful of Quarters and a nose. I'll leave it at that!
Mike

Haha cat's out of the bag now. And it was Jay Leno but it is a true story.

#67 5 years ago

Tools Explained
DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light . Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh shit!'

SKIL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short and to destroy the bench or saw-horse under them.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle... It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes , trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit. It is especially valuable at being able to find the EXACT location of the thumb or index finger of the other hand.

UTILITY KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

SON-OF-A-BITCH TOOL: (A personal favorite!) Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'Son of a BITCH!' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

Hope you found this informative.

#68 5 years ago

Very nice progress.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

A handful of Quarters and a nose.

Hilarious.

Just how far off topic is considered OK around here? It seems like you guys keep it pretty straight for the most part, while it's like an art form on another forum I frequent. I ask, because...

When I was much younger, I did something similar. I was at a friend's house, and noticed a random nickel on his dresser. For no good reason, I stuck it up my nose. We had a little laugh, and went on with what we were doing. As I was walking home hours later, I had a little sniffle, and coughed up the nickle into my hand. Boy, was I surprised! I had totally forgotten about it.

The PB is cleaning up nicely. Now this post is justified, right?

#70 5 years ago

Justified yes ...

Until your friend reminds you he's still owed five cents ...

#71 5 years ago

Some of the parts are not going to be able to clean off, so I bought this paint. Example is the white spotlights are orange from damage.

And pin_groom, my threads are a free for all. Especially when Mike gets on.

20140821_125636.jpg
#72 5 years ago

NO SHORT CUTS!!

#73 5 years ago

Leno or Letterman . . . same kind of show . . . and they both begin with an 'L'!
All this time I thought it was on Letterman. My bad.

Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

I stuck it up my nose.

The 'futurepinhead' was pluggin' a handful of the BIG coins in his nose . . . thinking he was feeding a pinball machine, I reckon!

Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

Just how far off topic is considered OK around here?

To make my post qualify for 'on topic', "Great job Jared! Keep up the good work!"
Mike

#74 5 years ago

Ok fellas, I've got about 11 hours into the project and I'm a bit tired. I decided to get last nights progress put back on except for the ball guide. I also accidentally knocked off one habitrail so I figured I might as well start scrubbing it. I did not scrub it with the switches on it. Also sprayed the spotlights a bit. They were ruined anyways so I figured I'd do something fun to start it off. My battery ran too low for a flash shot of the beaded curtain but it does look really good!

Travis, you go fix your pinbot and don't worry about my shortcuts

20140821_182125.jpg 20140821_191502.jpg 20140821_191511.jpg 20140821_191903.jpg 20140821_192745.jpg 20140821_192756.jpg
#75 5 years ago

Here are some better shots

20140821_211127.jpg
20140821_211119.jpg
20140820_203642.jpg

20140817_194017.jpg
#76 5 years ago

Tonights update... I used magic erasers for the first time. In one of the photos, the playmates on the left were magic erased and the ones on the right were just alcoholed. I got the spinning triangle removed and the right ramp.

20140822_205348.jpg 20140822_204520.jpg 20140822_203830.jpg 20140822_203821.jpg 20140822_222529.jpg 20140822_222522.jpg 20140822_222525.jpg 20140822_222538.jpg
#77 5 years ago

If you are ever skeptical about Evapo Rust like I was, here is a little photo for you.

20140823_004718.jpg 20140823_004713.jpg
#77 5 years ago

Apron 50/50

20140823_012449.jpg
#78 5 years ago

$25 was a great deal. Looks like it's coming along great. might have to do custom cabinet art, as i've never seen any available for this machine.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$25 was a great deal. Looks like it's coming along great. might have to do custom cabinet art, as i've never seen any available for this machine.

Thanks CaptainNeo, I really appreciate the encouragement. I plan on down the road making my own artwork. I'll get one of my favorite Playmates laying down on each side, maybe some good side-boob for the backbox. I also plan on making my own girls for the centerfold, peepshow etc. I am more of a natural breast kind of guy.

A lot of people have been asking me why I am cleaning before repairing.

1. Dirty playfields malfunction, I am trying to rule that out.
2. I am tired of my hands being black from touching my game.
3. Its easier to look at.
4. In the event that I can't get it running, I have a decently shopped populated playfield to sell or hang up if no buyers

#80 5 years ago

Tonights update... I used magic erasers for the first time.

I used those once to clean marker off my son's bedroom door once. Took the finish from eggshell to matte. Now I get to repaint the door. Hope they're kinder to screen prints and clear coats...

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Berq:

I used those once to clean marker off my son's bedroom door once. Took the finish from eggshell to matte. Now I get to repaint the door. Hope they're kinder to screen prints and clear coats...

Same thing here, I waxed afterwords and it looked better. Another coat of wax and I can call this thing 'practically HUO' (completely kidding, making fun of some for sale ads I've seen on here recently)

#82 5 years ago

Thanks CaptainNeo, I really appreciate the encouragement. I plan on down the road making my own artwork. I'll get one of my favorite Playmates laying down on each side, maybe some good side-boob for the backbox. I also plan on making my own girls for the centerfold, peepshow etc. I am more of a natural breast kind of guy.
A lot of people have been asking me why I am cleaning before repairing.
1. Dirty playfields malfunction, I am trying to rule that out.
2. I am tired of my hands being black from touching my game.
3. Its easier to look at.
4. In the event that I can't get it running, I have a decently shopped populated playfield to sell or hang up if no buyers

1. Yup
2. Yup
3. Yup
4. Yup

#83 5 years ago

the habitrail looking a bit crusty-flaky, maybe some other parts too.. a very few months ago when I'd just joined Pinside, only a few days before that looking online for info about electroplating, with someone here posting an "I want gold balls" thread.. quite a few sure had some fun with this:

half cup vinegar, teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, microwave heat together in a plastic cup.
add a dozen old dull tarnished pennies for about 4-5 minutes, remove them with plastic spoon or whatever.
drop a clean ball into the soup, slowly roll it around a few minutes and watch it get copper plated!

after getting scrubbed clean a bigger batch bath could look pretty cool on the wire-work, maybe other stuff too.
the ball travelling on it, no doubt will eventually wear very thin lines of the plating away, probably not noticeably for all the rest of the surface left untouched. maybe very thin clearcoat and-or couple coats of wax oughtta prevent it tarnishing, if its a shorter time in that bath it looks a lot more goldish than coppery. idk if you'd like the look or not (I do) but it'd be next to nothing cost "mod" that just might plate over the pinholed chrome and help prevent rust from resurfacing? gold bead curtain? gold bunny after a very shallow bath? ramps? works on about all iron-steel stuff.

#84 5 years ago

I have an industrial shot blaster, compressor, and an oven we occasionally bake parts in at work if you want to try your hand at powdercoating.

Might not be worth it for just a one time thing though.

It's been a while since I looked into the specifics of it, but I don't think it's a HUGE thing to do.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

I have an industrial shot blaster, compressor, and an oven we occasionally bake parts in at work if you want to try your hand at powdercoating.
Might not be worth it for just a one time thing though.
It's been a while since I looked into the specifics of it, but I don't think it's a HUGE thing to do.

I actually have a friend with a powder coating business here near me. He does a lot of my work. I am mainly focused on getting it cleaned and running then I will be attempting to bullet proof this stuff.

#86 5 years ago

If you are ever skeptical about Evapo Rust like I was, here is a little photo for you.

20140823_004718.jpg 136 KB

20140823_004713.jpg 125 KB

Now let's see that part fully done.

#87 5 years ago

Well I installed before I took photos but take a look. The right side is done. I managed to lose 2 screws on this part. Keep in mind that the clear plastics are shot. So imagine new plastics.
Plus a little side by side comparison on the ramps. Having fun with this project.

You'll see a photo of a spotlight bracket that I haven't cleaned yet. It will be taken care of it was a late night. Also, there is a photo of my helper. Although he didn't find either screw I dropped

20140823_142500.jpg
20140823_142526.jpg
20140823_143500.jpg

Post edited by futurepinhead: Replaced some photos with better ones.

20140823_155621.jpg 20140823_155614.jpg 20140823_155602.jpg 20140823_155557.jpg 20140823_142435.jpg
#88 5 years ago

Cute kitty! And smart too, the top of a turned-off Donkey Kong cabinet is a pretty good place to nap...

#89 5 years ago

...my threads are a free for all.

You did say free for all, right? ...my daughter...so proud!

Any progress on your PB this weekend?

We met some real nice folks...punk.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

You did say free for all, right? ...my daughter...so proud!
ยป YouTube video
Any progress on your PB this weekend?
We met some real nice folks...punk.

Yeah sorry about Sunday, I was busy doing more important things. I have photographed all of my progess. I believe I will take a break tonight as well. I think when I get back to it on Tuesday, I might switch to the boards to get that going and giving the boards more time to dry.

#91 5 years ago

I was busy doing more important things.

It's cool. I assure you...I'm much less interesting.

I'm real curious to see how things go with the boards. They look horrible, but you never know till you dig in.

#92 5 years ago

I'm particularly interested in seeing how that dot matrix power supply board cleans up. Before & after pics please.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I'm particularly interested in seeing how that dot matrix power supply board cleans up. Before & after pics please.

I absolutely will, boards will be easier to document anyways.
I do need help with the centerfold mech. If anybody has taken this apart before please give me an idea how to start this.

#94 5 years ago

Anyone else find the "warning: component may be hot" labels ironic?

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Anyone else find the "warning: component may be hot" labels ironic?

Now THAT was funny! Especially, coming from YOU!!!!!!!!!!

#96 5 years ago

You two quit making fun of my project.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Now THAT was funny! Especially, coming from YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Time to get off Pinside and get back to work Mike!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Time to get off Pinside and get back to work Mike!

Can't a guy just have a LITTLE fun?! Work . . . is all I seem to do!!!

You two quit making fun of my project.

We are not making fun of your project! We are making fun of YOU!

#99 5 years ago

Scrubbing the boards with alcohol now. My kitchen hasn't smelled this powerful since college.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
2,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reisterstown, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside