download.jpg
giphy_1.gif
20151007_234707.jpg
20151007_225144.jpg
20151007_224820.jpg
20151006_212819.jpg
20151006_203703.jpg
received_10153775617362994.jpeg
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Too bad there isn't a way to add/transfer the OP tag to Tsskinne, because the blue bar belonging to the person no longer working on the game is going to mess me up every time.

Hey, maybe I'll still get all the credit for fixing it up

#452 7 years ago

Pop bumpers are working. Right slingshot was just missing a spring. Centerfold not working flip out feature. Left magnet on bead curtain not working. Everything else is working. Need to replace switch on right orbit but otherwise good

#453 7 years ago

Excellent. I'm glad the slingshot was something simple. I remembered it had something to do with the spring, so I probably had a faint memory of having to order another one.

#454 7 years ago

Oh shit we at 100!!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#455 7 years ago

Dude's my hero. I'm so glad someone got it that can appreciate what i started and see it through

1 month later
#458 7 years ago

So figured I'd post it here first but this game is going back up for sale. I was able to solve the short that was causing issues with the switch matrix on the game, fixed the trough optos, and the centerfold motor. The only thing not working to my knowledge right now is the right magnet for the peep show feature, and the game needs a spring for the right sling shot kicker. All other parts are there including the previously missing wiring harness for the pop bumper reveal feature in the back left of the playfield. Game includes all new plastics and new translite.

#459 7 years ago

Tsskinne...you're so lucky! I was THIS close to buying this baby, but you just HAD to be local!

So glad she found a good home...this machine's story is incredible!

Wait! She's for sale again? PM Incoming!

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Tsskinne...you're so lucky! I was THIS close to buying this baby, but you just HAD to be local!
So glad she found a good home...this machine's story is incredible!
Wait! She's for sale again? PM Incoming!

Yep, I sent you one back. I spoke with futurepinhead first to get his blessing on the sale as I know it was a personal project for him and I wanted him to have the chance at taking it back again if he wanted. He said to just pass it along. As with tradition the sale of this game is on the condition that it isn't parted out. It is definitely playable and savable. If you have more time than money this is a great little game to take on as it has to be about the cheapest stern game out there, is already mostly playable, iconic theme, and with a bit more elbow grease will turn out very nice.

#461 7 years ago

HOT POTATO HOT POTATO

#462 7 years ago

I hope xeneize gets it. Him and I talked on the phone for probably an hour or so just bull crapping and talking pins. He's a great guy and I would like to see him snag it.

#463 7 years ago

Thanks, futurepinhead...glad I've got you fooled!

#464 7 years ago

Looks like it is heading that way most likely.

2 weeks later
#465 7 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen... I am pleased to announce that the "Smokin' Hot Playboy" has found a new home.

Currently, she is rebooting at random and cannot play a complete game. Magnet issues persist with the beaded curtain. Orbit switches are missing, the skill shot magazine feature is dead, and all of the backbox light tube components are fried. Let's just say she has a way to go until she is 100%.

As many of us have followed this thread for a long time, I hope to maintain it until she truly gets back to fully operational. The plan is not a full tear down and restore as it would be cost prohibitive, but to make her the best looking game she can be without a true restoration treatment.

Anyone who would like to share knowledge, feedback and ideas is welcome to chime in at any time! I will certainly welcome photos of your fully built and functional game!

#466 7 years ago

i would love to know where the pink rubbers came from, I would love those for my PB which I just got here in the UK.

#467 7 years ago

i suggested this previously, but if you want to do something different with the sides, get some playmate data sheets and decoupage them on the sides. you could probably find some of the older ones, and copy them, and depending how you lay them out. you could cover any nudity that wasn't wanted, or since if there is any, they are on the bottom of the page, you could cut them off. You could also intermingle them with copies of some of the covers.

#468 7 years ago

@Insane, I actually think that that is a wonderful idea, and had catalogued it from your earlier post. It would be a ton of work, but make for a beautiful one-off. We'll see...Sadly, I just helped a friend move last month and threw away about 50 old issues that were in his basement. Ugh....so much for free source material.

On to the repair log...

Quite a few of the wires in the head suffered from melted insulation. This meant bare wire touching bare wire adding to the chaos of irradical behavior. Sadly, the OP had already repinned everything. I ended up having to undo this on several connectors by extracting wires, clipping off the header pin, adding heat shrink to the exposed wires and repinning. A thankless task, but we should now have eliminated any shorts during operation (at least due to bare wires).

Orbit swithes are now installed, but they don't seem to do much other than add points when closed. I was hoping for some kind of cool animation on the DMD when a full orbit is achieved... maybe another owner can tell me what I should expect in this scenario.

The reset issues are now worse than ever and she won't even play a full ball... that's what I will attempt to tackle next.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Insane, I actually think that that is a wonderful idea, and had catalogued it from your earlier post. It would be a ton of work, but make for a beautiful one-off. We'll see...Sadly, I just helped a friend move last month and threw away about 50 old issues that were in his basement. Ugh....so much for free source material.
On to the repair log...
Quite a few of the wires in the head suffered from melted insulation. This meant bare wire touching bare wire adding to the chaos of irradical behavior. Sadly, the OP had already repinned everything. I ended up having to undo this on several connectors by extracting wires, clipping off the header pin, adding heat shrink to the exposed wires and repinning. A thankless task, but we should now have eliminated any shorts during operation (at least due to bare wires).
Orbit swithes are now installed, but they don't seem to do much other than add points when closed. I was hoping for some kind of cool animation on the DMD when a full orbit is achieved... maybe another owner can tell me what I should expect in this scenario.
The reset issues are now worse than ever and she won't even play a full ball... that's what I will attempt to tackle next.

You might be able to google some of them and print them off.

2 weeks later
#470 7 years ago

Gang:

Have a nagging reset issue that's got me stumped...details posted here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-playboy-the-fire-survivor-resets-upon-auto-launch-whitestar#post-3496695

If you have any thoughts, please chime in!

Gracias!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-stern-a-smoking-hot-2002-playboy-extensive-smoke-damage/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.