5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

First State Flippers 2019 Events - resave (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

All,

Once again thanks to everyone who supported First State Flippers and Delaware pinball in 2018! Without you, none of this exists. As 2018 comes to a close, I wanted to get dates out to everyone as soon as possible for everything we have planned in 2019. Once again we will be holding 6 "Delaware Tour Events" that will end will the Delaware Tour Championship. Same stipulations will apply for 2019, meaning you must play in at least 3 "Tour Events" and finish the year inside the top 40 in order to qualify for the Tour Championship.

In addition to those events we currently have 2 special events planned. The first is the February Flip Frenzy tournament which uses a different style of qualifying. Basically it's non-stop pinball action for 3 hours where you will play head to head pinball and will end up playing about 25 matches. At the end of the 3 hours of qualifying the top 8 will advance to the Finals.

And then in October, First State Flippers is going to host Delaware's first ever 24 hour pinball event. I expect this event to sell out fast, so stay tuned for the official announcement of when tickets will go on sale for this epic event!

This is a just a brief overview of what we have in store for 2019. More details will be released in early January.

• Event #1 - IFPA SCS on 1/19 at Joe Fox's House. Tournament starts at 12pm, doors open at 11am for practice. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
    • Event #2 - February Flip Frenzy on 2/2 at Mike's house. This is not part of the Tour Championship.
    • Event #3** - March Madness, Initial date will be 3/30 at that Starboard Restaurant in Dewey Beach. HOWEVER, should Joe Fox Jr, Mike Veith, or Chad Hastings win the IFPA SCS tournament in January, the date will be moved to 3/9 at Chad's house
    • Event #4 - April Affray on 4/27 at Mike's house
    • Event #5 - June Jam on 6/8 at Joe's house
    • Event #6 - July Jubilation on 7/20 at Mike's house
    • Event #7 - September Showdown on 9/14 at Chad's house
    • Event #8 - October 24 Hour Legacy of the Beast Battle on 10/19 at Chad's house
    • Event #9 - November Nefarious on 11/2 at Joe's house
    • Event #10 - Tour Championship on 12/7 - location to be determined

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2019! Thank you!

Chad Hastings
    First State Flippers
    302-228-8988
    https://www.facebook.com/1ststateflippers

First State Flippers 2019 Events - resave (resized).jpgFirst State Flippers 2019 Events - resave (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #2 5 years ago

All,

Quite a bit to cover in this email/post, but please take your time and read everything, especially the announcement regarding the open registration date & time for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19.

First and foremost, Happy New Year to everyone! The survey results are in and are listed below. Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey, we appreciate your feedback.

1. Cap the events? 50% voted to cap the events between 36-40 players, while 35% voted to have no cap. First State Flippers has decided that the "Tour Championship" events will be capped at 40 people. Other events like Flip Frenzy or the 24-hour event may use a different #.

2. Trophies or plaques? 72% voted to keep trophies, 28% said plaques. First State Flippers will continue handing out trophies, especially unique ones!

3. Pizza or a variety of food? 58% voted pizza, and 42% voted variety. First State Flippers will leave the food choices up to the person hosting the event.

4. General Feedback - I will just share a few of them. One person said keep making the relish dip. Another person said to allow "practice" during rounds. Another person suggested expanding the A/B divisions. Another person suggested trying a different format for the "tour championship". And we also had numerous responses saying they enjoy the Delaware events and love how the events are run.

First State Flippers will continue to make the relish dip. We will also continue to let players "practice" during rounds. We have decided to expand the "B" division to include places 9th through 24th along with a new finals format for the "B" division. We are undecided at this time as to what format will be used for the "tour championship".

Now on to the tournament information regarding the 24 hour event as well as the 6 "tour events". On January the 20th, at 12pm eastern, open registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. I have had lots of people tell me they are highly interested in attending this event and I expect it to sell out pretty fast, so please make sure you set your alarms and reminders for 1/20 at 12pm! Below are the initial details we have ready at this time, full details should be ready once the event registration goes live on 1/20.

*The event registration process will be hosted by Eventbrite. I encourage everyone to go create an account now to help streamline the process, as you will have to create one during the ticketing process if you do not already have an account.

*On 1/20 at 12pm, I will post a website URL on Facebook and via email to the Eventbrite webpage. The ONLY way to register for this event is by securing your tickets through the Eventbrite website

*Event will be limited to 42* players(*6 spots will be reserved for the TD's, so total number of players for the event will be 48 if it sells out)

*You will only be allowed to add 2 tickets maximum to your cart

*Cost of the event will be $80 per person and the full amount must be paid within 48 hours to reserve your spot via PayPal using the Friends & Family option or else you will lose your spot in line. ALL payments should be sent to [email protected]. If your spot is not paid within 48 hours, your tickets will be released to the wait list if we have one, otherwise you will have to re-register to secure your spot(s) or join the wait list

*Full Refunds, provided we can fill your spot, will be available until August 31st. 50% Refund after that until September 30th. 25% Refund until October 12th. No refunds after that.

*Doors will open at 10am and the tournament will begin sharply at 11am

*Location is at Chad & Marianne's house

*Format will be 4-player group match play with no finals

*FULL DETAILS will be released on 1/20.

Lastly, the 6 "tour championship" events will have open registration starting around 4pm on 1/20. More details for the "tour championship" events will be posted on 1/20 as well. Again, the First State Flippers is thankful for your support in making these events successful. We are excited for 2019 and looking forward to seeing everyone!

1 week later
    #3 5 years ago

A friendly reminder about the upcoming registration for the 24-hour event in Delaware.

On January the 20th, at 12pm eastern, open registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. I have had lots of people tell me they are highly interested in attending this event and I expect it to sell out pretty fast, so please make sure you set your alarms and reminders for 1/20 at 12pm! Below are the initial details we have ready at this time, full details should be ready once the event registration goes live on 1/20.

*The event registration process will be hosted by Eventbrite. I encourage everyone to go create an account now to help streamline the process, as you will have to create one during the ticketing process if you do not already have an account.

*On 1/20 at 12pm, I will post a website URL on Facebook and via email to the Eventbrite webpage. The ONLY way to register for this event is by securing your tickets through the Eventbrite website

*Event will be limited to 42* players(*6 spots will be reserved for the TD's, so total number of players for the event will be 48 if it sells out)

*Cost of the event will be $80 per person and the full amount must be paid within 48 hours to reserve your spot via PayPal using the Friends & Family option or else you will lose your spot in line. ALL payments should be sent to [email protected]. If your spot is not paid within 48 hours, your tickets will be released to the wait list if we have one, otherwise you will have to re-register to secure your spot(s) or join the wait list

*Full Refunds, provided we can fill your spot, will be available until August 31st. 50% Refund after that until September 30th. 25% Refund until October 12th. No refunds after that.

#4 5 years ago

I just have to say that you guys & gals that are opening up your homes for these events are effin’ Rock Stars.

Doing something like that for the love of pinball is 100%, without a doubt, bad ass!

I hope every person that attends appreciates what you are doing and shows you, your home and your games the utmost respect.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just have to say that you guys & gals that are opening up your homes for these events are effin’ Rock Stars.
    Doing something like that for the love of pinball is 100%, without a doubt, bad ass!
    I hope every person that attends appreciates what you are doing and shows you, your home and your games the utmost respect.

So far so good! Sometimes you have the usual cleanup that really shouldn’t be necessary with mostly adults, like cans/cups/water bottles that can’t find the trash or paper plates that find their way under machines instead of in the trash can, but it’s not the end of the world especially since each tournament has 40-50 players in attendance.

And unfortunately in Delaware there are no public places that have machines. We just have single machines in about 10-12 bars and that’s mostly it.

So for now, all 3 guys involved who open up their houses (I’m one of the 3), we have no complaints. We enjoy it and we love tournament pinball.

By the way, when are you coming down?

#6 5 years ago

First State Flippers is proud to announce the first ever 24-hour event in Delaware that will be held on 10/19/19. Full details below including the registration process:

On January the 20th, at 12pm eastern, open registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. I have had lots of people tell me they are highly interested in attending this event and I expect it to sell out pretty fast, so please make sure you set your alarms and reminders for 1/20 at 12pm! Below are the initial details we have ready at this time, full details should be ready once the event registration goes live on 1/20.

#7 5 years ago

FINAL REMINDER - In less than 5 hours registration goes live for the 24-hour event!!

*** On 1/20 at 12pm registration will go live for the 24-hour event being held on 10/19/19. Remember, you have to reserve your tickets on Eventbrite (link will be posted on 1/20) and then you have 48 hours to pay for your spots or you lose the tickets.

*** Also, later in the day on 1/20, probably around 5pm or so I will make an announcement that registration will be open for the 6 “tour events”. No special website for those 6 events, just use the normal Friends & Family paypal method to send your $20 for each event to [email protected]

Full details located our Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/827768690893995/

Hope to see you there!

#8 5 years ago

14 tickets left. Better snap then up now before they are gone. Thanks for all the interest so far!

Eventbrite link to secure tickets:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/first-state-flippers-24-hour-legacy-of-the-beast-battle-tickets-55122813820

#9 5 years ago

It’s official. Registration is now open for all 6 “Delaware Tour Events”. NOTE - all events are capped at 40 entries. To reserve your spot, follow the same process as last year, send $20 via Friends & Family PayPal to [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])

PLEASE include the event name in your PayPal notes.

NOTES - March event is now officially on 3/9. Also the April and July events start 1 hour early.

#10 5 years ago

PLEASE STOP SENDING DEPOSITS, ALL 6 TOUR EVENTS ARE SOLD OUT FOR 2019.

First, I’m totally humbled by the support and love that everyone is showing for First State Flippers and Delaware Pinball. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support. I really didn’t think all the Tour events for the entire year would sell out in 3 hours. It’s crazy. In fact we over sold by quite a few spots, and we decided to move the CAP to 48 players just so we don’t have to turn away so many people. I’m still sorting things out in the order that I received PayPal payments, once I have it all sorted I will unfortunately have to refund about 3 people as it stands and put you on the wait lists. My apologies. Again, I had no idea they would sell out this fast. Thanks again!

Side note - we still have a few spots left for the 24-hour event.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-state-flippers-events-amp-announcements-for-2019?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.