(Topic ID: 228764)

First State Flippers - 2019 Outlook for Delaware Pinball & 2018 recap!

By djreddog

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

All,

2018 is winding down and I wanted to take a moment to recap our awesome year and to make everyone aware of our big plans for 2019!

I’ll start with our outlook on 2019 and what First State Flippers has in the works for Delaware pinball!

* - A Fall/Winter Pinball Show in the Wilmington area. Could be December 2019 or January 2020!
    * - At least one more Critical Hit tournament. Last one was a huge success!
    * - A 24 hour Battle is coming to Delaware!
    * - Another “Tour Championship” circuit with at least 6 events in the circuit
    * - A Spring pinball tournament held at the World Famous Starboard restaurant in Dewey Beach, DE. (Location does NOT have pins, everything will be transported to the location from local collectors) http://thestarboard.com

Now for a full recap of what 2018 looked like for Delaware Pinball and First State Flippers! Just an FYI, competitive pinball did NOT exist in Delaware 13 months ago, nor do we have any locations to host tournaments. All tournaments are held at 3 different private residences. In 2017 I became a TD for Delaware with zero experience in tournaments. We had our first event on 9/23/17 and a second event on 12/16/17 and this lead to Delaware joining the IFPA NACS and crowning our first ever State Champion, Rob DeStasio (who lives in NJ!)

* - Hosted a circuit championship that consisted of (6) group match play tournaments with a 7th event being the actual year end tour championship(happening on 12/1)
    * - We had a total of 268 players play in our 6 main events. That’s an average of 45 players per event!
    * - Of the 6 events, we had 23 new players play in their first ever IFPA event!
    * - We do 7 rounds of qualifying with a 30 minute break before finals.
    * - All events start exactly at 1pm, no delays ever
    * - All events are fully completed by 8:30pm(bearing unforeseen circumstances)
    * - Our format consists of the Top 8 going to the A Division for a modified PAPA Finals, Places 9-16 going to the B Division for a modified PAPA Finals, and the ENTIRE rest of the field going to C Division finals which is a 2-strike format.
    * - This format guarantees every player a minimum of 9 games!
    * - This format also guarantees every player advances to a “finals” and every player has a chance to win money and a trophy!
    * - Payouts and trophies go to 1st through 5th in “A”, 1st and 2nd in “B”, and 1st and 2nd in “C”
    * - First place in “A” averaged $375!
    * - First place in “B” averaged $140!
    * - First place in “C” averaged $60!
    * - Each event takes $4 from the $35 entry fee to put towards our year end circuit Tour Championship final. We have over $1600 to give out for the circuit final with 1st place taking home an estimated $800!
    * - We also sell 50/50 tickets at every event. 50% goes to the winner, the remaining 50% is put in a holding account and it will be given to the winner of the Delaware State Championship (NACS). We have raised almost $500 for the winner to help offset airfare, lodging, etc! Our drawings have averaged $160 for each event!
    * - Lastly, the feedback from the Mid-Atlantic players and TD’s has been awesome and humbling. I have had 4 different TD’s reach out to me asking me to come run their tournaments, two of them I committed to and ran, and the other 2 are still in the planning stages.
    I’ve had tremendous help and support from the pinball community while launching the First State Flippers. I’m going to throw out a few names who have really helped me the most and I greatly appreciate everything they have done:

Corey Hulse
    Kevin Stone
    Josh Sharpe
    Mike Veith
    Joe Fox
    WOMP Marianne Pangia

That’s all for now! Looking forward to 2019 and and the opportunity to help grow competitive pinball even more!!!

-Chad Hastings
    First State Flippers
    https://www.facebook.com/1ststateflippers/

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice work Chad keep it up!

Thanks Levi! Wish we had location pinball, that's the only thing missing!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Auror:

Amazing job all year, Chad! All of your tournaments were very well run and most importantly, FUN. First State Flippers was the highlight of my pinball year. Can't wait for 2019!

Thanks for the feedback Dylan! I think you are proof that we listen to the players input and try our best to give them what they want! Thanks for supporting First State Flippers!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-state-flippers-2019-outlook-for-delaware-pinball-amp-2018-recap?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.