10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PICT1613.JPG
PICT1608.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Bear with me here...I'm an EM guy who is going to try to fix my first SS project game. I picked up a nice looking/cheap/local Bally Night Rider. I'm going though the Pinrepair guide and Pinwiki and think I've come across an issue. My game has Roms in U2(E-724-25-U2) and U6(E-720-20-U6). I'm reading that the correct roms should be U2 721-21 and U6 720-20. I think my U2 is wrong..maybe from a Bobby Orr game..can anyone confirm? I should note that the game game with a box of spare boards, but none of the extra mpus came with roms. I do not believe the person I purchased it from ever had it working. If I'm missing the correct U2, where can I purchase one?

Here are some photos of my board. I want to use this one because the others have more extensive battery acid damage.

PICT1608.JPGPICT1608.JPG PICT1613.JPGPICT1613.JPG
#4 10 years ago

This is a bit more complex that I first thought. I'm using a -17 board. Just to clarify some info on pinwiki..

If I choose to go the route of using a single 2732 at U2, I would only have to use jumpers 6-7 and 8-9 and use the following:

When using 2716's at U2/U6 or a single 2732 at U2, you need to make
this modification at chip U18: cut the trace going to pin 4, and connect
pin 5 to the cutaway trace's via ("trace thru dot").

Is that correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-ss-game-bally-night-rider-mpu-question?tu=bonzo71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.