Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ehovencamp
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9738 (resized).JPG
IMG_9766 (resized).JPG
IMG_9726 (resized).JPG
IMG_9716 (resized).JPG
IMG_9651 (resized).JPG
IMG_9700 (resized).JPG
IMG_9673 (resized).JPG
IMG_9687 (resized).JPG
IMG_9660 (resized).JPG
IMG_9616 (resized).JPG
IMG_9629 (resized).JPG
IMG_9604 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I am not sure where to have made this post. I attempted to do Pinball for sale yet it wanted me to make a marketplace posting. I don't know where the rules are for Pinside but I believe if these are expected to end up at low prices a market place add is not required. Please direct me if I am wrong and I can make any adjustments that are required per Pinside rules.

After announcing that I would have some project pins up for sale I received a lot of messages asking about when they would be for sale and how much I would be asking. Normally I do not mind setting a fair market price on the games I sell, however these are project games and need some attention. I am not comfortable setting a price on a game that I know so little about so I believe the best approach is to do something that is now so rarely done anymore, a real auction. I am going to start this first group of pins at $10 with no reserve and let the public decide what the games are worth. I don’t remember the last time someone offered pins with no reserve and at such a low starting price. So I have decided to roll the dice and create a little excitement as this should be fun to watch and interesting to see where it all ends up.

All pins and arcade games usually end up on the facebook page prior to pinside or ebay, so if you prefer see what is to come now and in the future please follow the facebook page here.

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestGamingArcade/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Some of these literally need to just be shopped out while some of them need some additional attention and or are missing a few things. I have spent no more than 5 minutes per game to provide a brief description of the games and their various states to help people determine the value of each title. I am attempting to pass on project machines to the collectors and hobbyist out there rather than shop and retail every pin. I ended up over paying for these games from an operator friend of mine. Sometimes I get great deals and other times I lose as in this case. I hope you all enjoy the auctions and good luck to you.

The first round of games to be auction off at $10 with no reserve are:
Baywatch
Dr. Dude
Jokerz
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
Monday Night Football
Road Kings
Shaq Attaq
Sharpshooter
Starship Troopers
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
The Game Show
The Simpsons
Viper Night Drivin

These are scheduled at 5 minutes apart and will start being active as of 11:40 CDT.

ebay.com link

IMG_9604 (resized).JPG

IMG_9629 (resized).JPG

IMG_9616 (resized).JPG

IMG_9660 (resized).JPG

IMG_9687 (resized).JPG

IMG_9673 (resized).JPG

IMG_9700 (resized).JPG

IMG_9651 (resized).JPG

IMG_9716 (resized).JPG

IMG_9726 (resized).JPG

IMG_9766 (resized).JPG

IMG_9738 (resized).JPG

IMG_9753 (resized).JPG

#3 1 year ago

#4 1 year ago

Good looking Dr dude

#5 1 year ago

Why take the display and translight out of Frankenstein and list them as "missing" in your EBay ad?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Why take the display and translight out of Frankenstein and list them as "missing" in your EBay ad?

Because they belong to the other MSF he owns.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Quoted from Slim64:

Because they belong to the other MSF he owns.

Thats correct! A few people have asked that same question not quite sure why no one thinks of that or if I just wanted to keep it for some strange reason I don't know why that would matter. I made a point to say it is missing in the description so there was no misunderstandings. Oh well, either way its not available with that game is all.

#8 1 year ago

Just wondering as I was interested in MSF and I can clearly see the translight in your Baywatch pic. I didn't take the time to look at your collection or think that you may need pieces and parts from these machines. Just struck me as odd is all no big deal. Cool auction, hope they all go for a fair price.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Just wondering as I was interested in MSF and I can clearly see the translight in your Baywatch pic. I didn't take the time to look at your collection or think that you may need pieces and parts from these machines. Just struck me as odd is all no big deal. Cool auction, hope they all go for a fair price.

No worries, I wasn't picking on you, just had quite a few people ask is all. I should have taken the time to move it out of the photo to avoid the confusion.

#11 1 year ago

I am in shock that SHAQ is over $1K

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am in shock that SHAQ is over $1K

That does not surprise me as much as the simpsons and rocky bulwinkle over 1800. Believe it or not, 1k for shaq doesn't even cover what I had to pay for it. UGH.

#13 1 year ago

willing to ship to Canada? I'm interested in some of these and live in Ontario. Want to bid but not sure how to get them.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

willing to ship to Canada? I'm interested in some of these and live in Ontario. Want to bid but not sure how to get them.

The ads say: Local pick up is available at our warehouse in Wood Dale, IL but you may arrange your own shipping if you prefer.

So, you would be responsible for making arrangements.

IMHO, I'm not seeing any bargains with the bidding as it sits right now, and I assume there will be sniping at the last minute. So, it's probably not worth your while to ship due to the expense and logistical issues of crossing the border with the shipment.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Sure that's not a problem.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

The ads say: Local pick up is available at our warehouse in Wood Dale, IL but you may arrange your own shipping if you prefer.
So, you would be responsible for making arrangements.
IMHO, I'm not seeing any bargains with the bidding as it sits right now, and I assume there will be sniping at the last minute. So, it's probably not worth your while to ship due to the expense and logistical issues of crossing the border with the shipment.

Some of these are still deals others have gotten to a point that it's not worth the extra money and time to shop them. Not too many dmd games out there at the 1-1500 range anymore and if people are willing to do a little work I believe many of these will sell in that range. Just about any shopped dmd is at 2k and up. Leaves some room for guys that want to do the work themselves which is the point of selling them this way. I could have had guys in the warehouse do the shopping but figured I would pass along to those out there with out the funds to purchase games that are all done.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Sure that's not a problem.

Some of these are still deals others have gotten to a point that it's not worth the extra money and time to shop them. Not too many dmd games out there at the 1-1500 range anymore and if people are willing to do a little work I believe many of these will sell in that range. Just about any shopped dmd is at 2k and up. Leaves some room for guys that want to do the work themselves which is the point of selling them this way. I could have had guys in the warehouse do the shopping but figured I would pass along to those out there with out the funds to purchase games that are all done.

Ok so I am confused then. would I be arranging my own shipping as per the previous post or would you ship to Canada more specifically Ontario? (Sent message through ebay a well) I don't know much about arranging shipping unfortunately as I have only bought locally or within driving distance. clarification would be appreciated so I know whether I should bid or not

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Ok so I am confused then. would I be arranging my own shipping as per the previous post or would you ship to Canada more specifically Ontario? (Sent message through ebay a well) I don't know much about arranging shipping unfortunately as I have only bought locally or within driving distance. clarification would be appreciated so I know whether I should bid or not

I would put you in contact with sti/navl. They will walk you through the shipment set up and they pick up from me very often. This will allow you to pick your shipping options and pay them directly.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I would put you in contact with sti/navl. They will walk you through the shipment set up and they pick up from me very often. This will allow you to pick your shipping options and pay them directly.

Ok thanks. Just worried shipping might make bidding not worth it. are prices reasonable? thanks for the info!

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Ok thanks. Just worried shipping might make bidding not worth it. are prices reasonable? thanks for the info!

I'm not sure. In the states the average is 350 but I'm not sure what they charge for international.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I tried to ship a game to a guy in Idaho a few months back. I think shipping was around $500 and then you need a customs broker (another $300) to get it over the border (all US dollars BTW). As you can imagine, my deal fell through.

1 week later
#21 1 year ago

I purchased the Sharp Shooter and it is schedule for delivery tomorrow morning. I cant wait and it was a pleasure dealing with this seller. They put me in touch with a shipper and everything was as smooth as it could be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
2,135 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ellicottville, NY
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Solon, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 24.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside