You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210131_214723 (resized).jpg
20201212_172611 (resized).jpg
20201212_172548 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello I have been lurking in the background for a bit. And I just picked a Gottlieb world champ. Defiantly needs some help it has been siting for who knows how long. At this point my plan is to clean it up and get it functional and working. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

20201212_172548 (resized).jpg20201212_172548 (resized).jpg20201212_172611 (resized).jpg20201212_172611 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Looks fun. Do you have a backglass?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverstreak02:

Looks fun. Do you have a backglass?

Unfortunately not. Been looking for one or a place to get a replacement

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Wyomingballer:

Unfortunately not. Been looking for one or a place to get a replacement

BG Resto can make one for you.

#5 3 years ago

BG Resto can make one for you.

I have seen them and shayarcadegroup.com

2 weeks later
#6 3 years ago

Well it has been an eventfull few weeks. Lots of cleaning, adjusting, frustration, and enjoyment. But this game has life again! Plugged it in last night and it seems to reset correctly and kick out the ball!
Time to order a few more parts and a lot more cleaning. And thanks to Shay I think I will be getting a backglass shortly!

From the pictures you can tell the play field is in bad shape. It needs a lot more than a few touch ups. Any recommendations on what to do to make it look a bit better?

#7 3 years ago

Well it has been an eventfull few weeks. Lots of cleaning, adjusting, frustration, and enjoyment. But this game has life again! Plugged it in last night and it seems to reset correctly and kick out the ball!
Time to order a few more parts and a lot more cleaning. And thanks to Shay I think I will be getting a backglass shortly!
From the pictures you can tell the play field is in bad shape. It needs a lot more than a few touch ups. Any recommendations on what to do to make it look a bit better?

To make the playfield “a bit better” I would strip the top side, give it a good cleaning and put a coat of Spraymax 2k on it to stop the wear. It will look and play better. In the future you can go back and do a full repaint if you want.

#8 3 years ago

To make the playfield “a bit better” I would strip the top side, give it a good cleaning and put a coat of Spraymax 2k on it to stop the wear. It will look and play better. In the future you can go back and do a full repaint if you want.

Thanks, that was the route I was thinking. For cleaning I see a few people talk about alcohol and magic eraser, to get everything out of the tiny cracks in the paint. I under it will take some more paint off, but I think getting it cleaned is more of a concern at this point. Is there a better way to get it cleaned?

#9 3 years ago

Thanks, that was the route I was thinking. For cleaning I see a few people talk about alcohol and magic eraser, to get everything out of the tiny cracks in the paint. I under it will take some more paint off, but I think getting it cleaned is more of a concern at this point. Is there a better way to get it cleaned?

You’ll get different opinions on how to do the cleaning especially considering the condition. Personally I would try using the magic eraser and alcohol. Go lightly and don’t try for perfection. The Spraymax has to adhere to something so leaving loose paint isn’t going to help much. Be careful and find a happy middle ground.

#10 3 years ago

You’ll get different opinions on how to do the cleaning especially considering the condition. Personally I would try using the magic eraser and alcohol. Go lightly and don’t try for perfection. The Spraymax has to adhere to something so leaving loose paint isn’t going to help much. Be careful and find a happy middle ground.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks again!

#11 3 years ago

You’re going to be surprised how much better it’s going to look. The Spraymax will make a huge difference.

1 month later
#12 3 years ago

Well I seem to have worked out all of the problems and have it back to 100% functional. New backglass from Shay! New playfield glass. New rubber. Lots of time and elbow grease. Still needs a lot more but fun to play!

20210131_214723 (resized).jpg20210131_214723 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-restoration-gottlieb-world-champ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.