(Topic ID: 215380)

First repair/issue with Jokerz!. Am I doing this right?

By harrisrwe

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CadillacMusic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jokerz Issue (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

So yesterday I noticed that, while my right flipper button would actuate the flipper, it wouldn't cycle the multiplier lights or row lights. My left flipper button still worked as expected. Then, I noticed that the switch for "B" on "BET" wasn't triggering. So I look through the schematic and find this chart. Is it safe to assume that the "WHT-BRN" wire may have broken off somewhere? What does the "1J10-9" under the "WHT-BRN" mean?

Thanks!

P.S. Looking closer, this would also explain some issues I've been having with the drop targets where they don't pop back up.

Jokerz Issue (resized).PNG

#2 1 year ago

It means it's a white wire with a brown stripe spiraling around it. It's best to check wires with a multimeter for continuity. Check for a broken wire, but also check at the plug on the main cpu board (plug 1j10, pin 9) and see if it looks burnt or messed up. The problem may be in the board itself, so don't go crazy looking for a broken wire if you have continuity from the switch to the plug.

#3 1 year ago

If you're this much of a newbie, I should probably point out the cpu board is the big board in the head of the machine. The plug you're looking for is at the bottom of this board. It's the one with all the white wires connected to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Silver City, NM
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
€ 59.80
Lighting - Backbox
Freddys Pinball Paradise
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 28.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside