(Topic ID: 12258)

First problem on first table (RBION) - free points!

By blizz81

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizz81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

OK, so that doesn't sound so much like a problem, but right now, when a ball is shot up from the trough, and also when I flip either flipper, the machine is scoring points. Also, all but the bozo tombstones make the same audio tone and register the same amount of points instead of registering as tombstone hits. Both inlanes as well. Switch tests identify each of the switches mentioned successfully...active switches show 4 ball trough, 1 vari-target vuk opto, and tombstone 4 (which seems not to be working, thought it was before but maybe I'm wrong). Dedicated switch test shows flipper operation as expected, flippers don't activate any other switches in test menu.

This happened when I swapped out display and CPU roms tonight. At first, I noticed one pin in the CPU rom had gotten smashed and I bent it back, no help. Put the original CPU rom back in, no help. Reseated connectors on the CPU board, no help.

The game seems to act ok otherwise, and registers the new ROMs. Fuses on CPU board are ok. Any ideas? Seems short-ish, but not sure what to check, and don't have a manual for the table. Thanks tons for any help!

#2 12 years ago

Upon further checking, the tombstones might not be lumped in - on the Europe mode, they register as tombstone hits. But the ball trough and flippers are doing other odd things, such as registering as head hits in the South America mode, and tombstone hits in the Europe mode.

#4 12 years ago

Yeah...what gets me is if the rom was bad, you'd think putting the old rom back in would produce different results. And if the switches were out of alignment, I would guess I'd see that in the switch test, but I'm not entirely familiar to the operation of the test menu.

Frustrating...haven't even had a pin for a week yet. Guess that's part of the fun of owning a pin

#5 12 years ago

Sometimes it takes a bit for things to sink in - that "tombstone 4 not working" as I mentioned in the first post should have been obvious. That was a stuck switch it seems. What's odd is pressing the target registered nothing, but apparently vibration from the flippers and ball eject was enough to register.

When I removed the switch it seemed ok. I tried to bend the contact part back a bit to make a bigger gap, reinstalled, and things seem to be ok now. Thanks for the suggestions dung! Now on to re-populating the high score board since it got reset as part of the rom swap. Tough work, but somebody has to do it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizz81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-problem-on-first-table-rbion-free-points?tu=blizz81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.