Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by nerd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

walls.jpg
    images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pnblwzd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hello all

First time poster here in Los Angeles, CA. I have looked at the top 100 list here for a long time, but never looked at the forum until recently. For some reason I always thought Pinside was more based in Europe, so was suprised to see so many people from the US. I was steered here from an RGP thread a few weeks ago when Colorado Game Exchange had the Tron LE's for sale (one of which I got), and have been enjoying reading here since. I have been on RGP for years, and I see some familiar names here. Nice fresh group of pin entheusiasts, which is good to see the hobby still growing. I've been collecting for about 20 years, so hopefully I can start giving some input back to the community.

Thanks for reading!
    James

#23 12 years ago

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and kind words about my collection, I just added some gameroom pics in my profile to share for anyone interested. All the games listed are set up for play, except for BoP which is currently undergoing restoration. Not pictured is the seperate shop area (or surgical suite as I call it) for service and teardown, which keeps the gameroom free of clutter (other than games everywhere). I'll post some pics of that later. Enjoy!

#37 12 years ago

Hi Kevin, good to see you here. How's that TOTAN treating you?

Wow, I'm humbled by all the kind words. Glad everyone likes the pics! The room was purpose built as a gameroom 2 years ago by tearing down my detatched 2 car garage and rebuilding an 800 sq ft stand alone structure. It is a little over capacity now, but that seems to happen no matter what size gameroom one has. There is a seperate electrical sub panel running the room, all the AC outlets are run from a bank of wall switches so no more turning on one game at a time, all the recessed lighting are on dimmers, there is a seperate restroom for guests, and it has it's own heating and cooling. Most of the pins are connected to external home theatre powered subwoofers placed underneath the games, the carpet is commercial grade that floureces when the blacklights are on to give that arcade feel, and there are regular speakers placed throughout the room for backround music.

#46 12 years ago

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and welcomes

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

PNBLWZD... What are the approx. dimensions of your game room? Just curious.

About 20x40

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pnblwzd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-post?tu=pnblwzd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.