(Topic ID: 28829)

First post from a recently joined member. Hello!

By fazed

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ThatGuy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Hi gang,

I've enjoyed reading these forums for some time, so I thought I'd finally post an introduction.

I recently got back into pinball after about a 10 year "break". I owned four machines that I purchased in 1999-2000 time frame. Went to pin shows, Expo etc...Bought a house with a walkout basement to make a home arcade.
    Soon after getting the basement finished, we got pregnant. Well, the baby took over, and my pinball machine hobby went on the back burner. Three years later, we had another child, and the break from pins got longer. I forgot about the pins for most of that time. Occasionally playing a game every so often. Not much at all.

Fast forward to this year. The kids are old enough now to actually get into the games and I have more free time to invest in the hobby again. So I found Pinside, and enjoy reading it daily. Much nicer than the RGP days. Man, has the pin hobby changed since my start! Prices are astronomical now. WOW! It's also amazing how many mods are made these days. I've missed a chance at some for my machines in those years gone.

I missed this hobby. I went to Expo this year for the first time in many many years (8-9?). I took my son, and we had a good time. I've missed many great games being released too, so it is fun catching up on those releases.

So now here I am with my first post (hopefully of many) to Pinside. This place seems like a great gathering of pinheads, and I hope to hangout with you here for a long time.

Thanks for reading and thank you for the great site for pinball fans!

#2 11 years ago

Welcome back to the hobby, fazed!

#3 11 years ago

Hey Fazed! Welcome to Pinside from a fellow pinhead from a neighboring State!

#4 11 years ago

Welcome to the party ,Pal!

#6 11 years ago

This is as awesome place, welcome!

#7 11 years ago

Welcome

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for the welcomes! I found the donation button today too. Made a small donation to this site I enjoy.

#9 11 years ago

Is it me or is the midwest the highest concentration of collectors in the US? Welcome back to the hobby fazed!

Edit-looking at map, Jersey is really rocking it too!

#11 11 years ago

Welcome. Nice collection!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Welcome. Nice collection!

Thanks, the LOTR is new to my collection this week. The others were from my 99-00 hobby times.

#13 11 years ago

LOTR is a nice way to start back into the hobby.. Welcome!

#14 11 years ago

welcome fazed

#15 11 years ago

Welcome Back.

#16 11 years ago

Welcome back. I am also back after a similar layoff. Unlike you though LOTR was the last pin I purchased before the long layoff.

Got back into it in June of this year and hope to pick up my third pin next Saturday.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from fazed:

I recently got back into pinball after about a 10 year "break". I owned four machines that I purchased in 1999-2000 time frame. . . . we got pregnant. Well, the baby took over, . . . Three years later, we had another child, and the break from pins got longer. . . . . Fast forward to this year. The kids are old enough now to actually get into the games and I have more free time to invest in the hobby again. So I found Pinside, and enjoy reading it daily. . . . .Much nicer than the RGP days. Man, has the pin hobby changed since my start! Prices are astronomical now. WOW!

This post was UBELIEIVABLE to me. Virtually, exactly my story. Not kidding. Huge pinball guy up until 2003/4. Married. Kids. Now 7 and 5 and the house is starting to gather pinballs after a long hiatus. Cannot believe the prices, but understand them. WOW!

#18 11 years ago

If you have been out of pinball for awhile you will probably find this forum to be an amazing one, as compared to what was out there when you took your "leave of absence". There are some great people on here.
    Mike in Kentucky

#19 11 years ago

Welcome to pinside.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Is it me or is the midwest the highest concentration of collectors in the US? Welcome back to the hobby fazed!

It's not just you. We are the mecca!

#21 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!

Quoted from Rush1169:

Virtually, exactly my story

Funny, I can say the exact same thing as well. Bought our first machines in 1998 and was big into pinball. Had kids in 2003 and pinball machines left the building. Didn't play a game until 2007 and got the bug again. Kids are now 9 and 7 and pinball is back in business at our house.

#22 11 years ago

You fazed yourself out, now you're fazing yourself back in.

Terrible I know.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-post-from-a-recently-joined-member-hello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.