(Topic ID: 215262)

First Post, First Pin

By beergut666

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Is adding a pin into the mix going to be too much load for the circuit? I don't generally turn my computer off, but the monitor and speakers are usually off when the computer is not in use, as does the stereo system. While I will be fine with the music on the game for quite some time, I think I will probably get to the point where, while I am playing, I will want to spin some records or listen to other music on my computer. I just don't want to run the risk of blowing a breaker every time I do so. I also wouldn't mind hanging up some neon lights that I have at some point, but that can definitely wait. Also, is a surge protector recommended or do people normally just plug their machines directly into an outlet? Thanks in advance everyone and I'm sure I will be asking a lot more questions in the near future.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Pinball machines don't pull as much electricity as you may think. Like Lloyd mentioned, you'll find out once you give it a shot but I wouldn't expect the breaker to blow. Maybe your lights will flicker a bit when hitting the flippers though. Only one way to find out...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-post-first-pin?tu=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.