You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Here (resized).jpg
rrttl (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

What parts do I need?

I am picking up a beautiful older CPR playfield from a fellow pinsider later today. I have done the full topside teardown and overlay install before, but never a full playfield swap. I understand this is a huge time commitiment but I'm ready (40 more hours).

I understand I will need a crapton of T-nuts, and at 15 cents each I'm going to just order 50. Is this the right size?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4406-01118-00

I see and am reading up on lots of documented swaps but other than T-Nuts what do I need that is not already on the other machine? What else do I need before I can start the process?

rrttl (resized).jpgrrttl (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Check the other machine for worn or broken parts. Especially vertical up kickers and their brackets.

Check plastic ramps for cracks or breaks. Check ramp protectors for cracks or breaks.

And don't worry. You'll likely find more to order as you move forward during the swap. Amazing what you all discover when it's stripped down.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the other machine for worn or broken parts. Especially vertical up kickers and their brackets.
Check plastic ramps for cracks or breaks. Check ramp protectors for cracks or breaks.
And don't worry. You'll likely find more to order as you move forward during the swap. Amazing what you all discover when it's stripped down.
LTG : )

Thanks...

I have the top side 100% torn down (for the second time) and other than the piece of metal that screws in here that is broken off in the other half (presumably a T nut) there is nothing else broken (so far)

Here (resized).jpgHere (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

16,500 (OBO)
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-playfield-swap-parts-ordering-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.