(Topic ID: 177934)

First Playfield resto..complete non-artsy noob......Finished!

By Sonora70

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinslot
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171102_195352 (resized).jpg
20171101_144434 (resized).jpg
20171101_144431 (resized).jpg
20171015_211050 (resized).jpg
20170913_172544 (resized).jpg
20170914_145746 (resized).jpg
20170913_172544 (resized).jpg
20170913_154433 (resized).jpg
20170913_104803 (resized).jpg
flipacard playfield painted (resized).jpg
flipacardyellow (resized).jpg
flipacardwhiteareas (resized).jpg
green painted (resized).jpg
flipacardbumperarea (resized).jpg
flipacard circle (resized).jpg
flip a card bumper red (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Moving forward. The past couple of days I've been researching scanners..... Over the past week I have seen 1 hp 4600 sell on the auction site for $65 including shipping and 1 hp 4670 that is still in process. Apparently these are the only scanners of their type other than the Doxie Flip which only scans picture size areas. I really don't want to get in a bidding war on technology that isn't made anymore. Short of flipping my playfield upside down on my regular scanner I'm investigating some other options. Other options are certainly welcome if anyone knows of one.

Hi Sonora70

I bought my scanner a HP 4670 scanner from eBay and use it a bunch, frankly what more technology is needed? It lies flat on the items to be scanned so scans without error, I copy the TIFF file at 300 DPI (1) and bring into what ever program I need. Stitches multiple files with the original software if needed.

It is pot luck on the quality I agree, I guess I lucked out and recommend you go that route.

Cost nor technology really doesn't come into the equation when bidding on eBay for this old but perfect scanner. Worst that can happen is you may need to return if it doesn't work, then buy another one until you are happy.

Steve J.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

T....Also, most people don't realize there are two sandpaper grading systems, FEPA and CAMI that are different like US and metric. FEPA grades start with a P. So 800 and P800 are VERY different! Annoying both types are commonly available. So if you sand with 600 followed by P800 you picked up at a different store you will be going backwards!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandpaper

I did not know that. Oh heck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-playfield-restocomplete-non-artsy-noob?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.