(Topic ID: 29646)

First play after reassembling my BoP...what a great feeling!

By NJGecko

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-11-05_18.00.44.jpg
2012-11-05_18.01.11.jpg
2012-11-05_18.00.53.jpg
2012-11-05_17.59.54.jpg
2012-11-05_17.59.32.jpg
2012-11-05_17.59.04.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I bought my BoP back in July with the intention of teaching myself on it, and making it 'nicer' but definitely not CQ. Over the past months, I tore it down (first teardown), sent the playfield out to a fellow pinsider for de-mylaring and touchup (thanks Jim!), cleaned up everything, hosed down the harness, cleaned the coils, replaced bad switches and put everything back together.

Tonight I actually played the first few games on it and, honestly, there were times that I never thought it would ever come...I figured months of fighting with pesky issues, frustration, and eventually marketplace with it But I made it through, and it's working....booting, no errors, and playing like a son of a gun...

Thanks to all who have helped me get to this point....!

2012-11-05_17.59.04.jpg2012-11-05_17.59.04.jpg 2012-11-05_17.59.32.jpg2012-11-05_17.59.32.jpg 2012-11-05_17.59.54.jpg2012-11-05_17.59.54.jpg 2012-11-05_18.00.53.jpg2012-11-05_18.00.53.jpg 2012-11-05_18.01.11.jpg2012-11-05_18.01.11.jpg 2012-11-05_18.00.44.jpg2012-11-05_18.00.44.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Very nice work! Congrats and have fun!

Actually, thanks for posting the pictures. I thought the one I just picked up might have bulbs out in the upper left area, since it's so dark. I see that's normal looking at yours.
I was also thinking "Gee this pin has some horrible Right Down the Middle drains comming screaming out of the pop bumper area. Saw the wire gate that I'm missing on IPDB photos, more clearly visible here on yours.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Very nice work! Congrats and have fun!
Actually, thanks for posting the pictures. I thought the one I just picked up might have bulbs out in the upper left area, since it's so dark. I see that's normal looking at yours.
I was also thinking "Gee this pin has some horrible Right Down the Middle drains comming screaming out of the pop bumper area. Saw the wire gate that I'm missing on IPDB photos, more clearly visible here on yours.

Mine came with the wire gate, but I ended up breaking it (oops). If you have a hard time finding a replacement, you can go the route I did and make your own. Ace Hardware stores (and maybe other places) have a station with wires of different gauges. After a few attempts, I was able to bend/cut my own with pliers.

In fact, just this weekend, I bought some wire at the St Joseph Ace to make a wire guide that was missing on my Pinbot.

There's also a thread going with a couple parted out BoP playfields which you've probably already seen:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/many-hours-and-two-populated-bop-playfields-gives-you-this-parts-for-sale

#4 11 years ago

I got my replacement gate from Steve Young. You may want to try him but look up the part number first.
Al

#5 11 years ago

My God, she's alive!

Congrats, looks great!

#6 11 years ago

Glad it all came back together Greg. Playfield looks much better in its home then leaning against my wall like your xenon is right now

And yeah that thread with the parts out BoP playfields is mine and I do have one of those wire gates. Shoot me a PM

#7 11 years ago

Thats awesome. I sure wish I could find this table near me 1 day, someday. I love it..

#8 11 years ago

Cool game, I enjoyed owning one, and would again someday.

Probably my favorite bumpers' shot in pinball.

#9 11 years ago

I need to get a new heart ramp...I was trying to avoid spending the money, but it just looks so bad compared to everything else...and I need to finish swapping in LEDs...but I will say I think I must have put up 50 games last night on her...and she's a tough mistress for me! Last time I played, the machine had nasty dirty bubbly mylar and half the switches and pops didnt work. All of a sudden it's fully working and FAST...I need to relearn the shots now, but it sure is a blast!

But I will say I did walk over to Paragon after the Bride marathon and had that game thoroughly whip me

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

And yeah that thread with the parts out BoP playfields is mine and I do have one of those wire gates. Shoot me a PM

Thanks, but I think I have the correct one coming from Marco.

#11 11 years ago

Hats off to you. It looks awesome and you did it all yourself. What a great feeling. I miss tearing a car apart to nothing including the motor, rebuilding everything, and bring it back to life. That feeling must be what you have. Enjoy and congratulations!

#12 11 years ago

Looks great! And I know that feeling (almost).
Played my first game on RFM last Sunday after the rebuild (Minus the right flipper-bad transistor) and it was such a great feeling.

Knowing that it was playing so much better because of the work I did on it was awesome. Just need to get that right flipper up and running and it will be perfect.

Cheers.

#13 11 years ago

this makes me want to find a BoP now... great job on your rebuild!

#14 11 years ago

Great work,one of my favs.Good luck and have fun,Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-play-after-reassembling-my-bopwhat-a-great-feeling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.