Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jefwv
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Yes it was the outhole relay, I had cleaned and adjusted before but must not have got it good. Thanks! And thanks for the file.

Now trying to figure out my credits. I have it set for 2 plays for 1 quarter. It gives 4 plays and registers 4 credits on the wheel. If I win a game while playing, the knocker slams 1 time but gives 2 credits. Same if I hit a match at the end of the game.

#52 8 years ago

Hi jefwv
maybe it is a mechanical problem in the "Replay-Unit (Step-Up)" ? The plunger travels too far and its notch (instead of engaging first free tooth) engages behind the "second free tooth on the wheel" ?
When You throw-in a quarter -> "Version-A": Tic (one play added) - Tic (one play added) - Tic (one play added) - Tic (one play added) OR "Version-B": Tic (two plays added) - Tic (two plays added) ?
Similar - You gain a replay ... ?

The "Knocker" - schema 4F is activated by "End-Of-Stroke End-Of-Travel" = "Replay Unit E.O.S Make". Greetings Rolf

#53 8 years ago

Thanks Rolf, it was mechanical. I adjusted the credit unit and it is giving the right amount now. Once in a while it doesn't display the entire number, like it isn't rolling all the way. Little fine tuning I suspect.

Been having a little trouble with bonuses not resetting when starting a new game. I may have h-o-t-l-i-n-e achieved up to the t or the l or i or whatever. I start a new game with a quarter, everything resets but say I have the L achieved, the new game will start with the T achieved and if I didn't make the ball through the gate, it will still be lit and open for the next game until achieved.

thanks again

Jeff

#54 8 years ago

Also, I'm getting a free game when I achieve the N in hotline. I think it isn't supposed to award it until all letters are achieved (the E). It will also reward a game when the E is reached.

#55 8 years ago

Hi jefwv
Free-Game, Free-Play see here: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#free , I prefer "Replay".

The Rule-Set in a pin often is different in 3-Balls-per-Play <-> 5-Balls-per-Play. I say: The owners of an Solid-State (SS) pin may play 3-Ball games - an Elektro-Mechanical (EM) pin should be played in 5-Ball mode.

Replay given when You achieve "N" ? ... "E" ? -> Schema-page-2-of-8 -> "Replay-Unit Step Up Coil": Follow the line downwards and turn to the right -> through the Normally-Closed-Switch on Game-Over-Relay -> -> there is an Adjustment-Plug set to "3 Balls" or "5 Balls" and underneath I see PART-of-Advance-Unit with Letters "N" and "E" and in 3-Ball-Mode: You are rewarded an Replay on both. Change your pin to 5-Balls and try-out.

Not resetting completely ? Does (at start of a game) the "Reset-Bank" reset ? Do some of these Relays beeing reset - and (faulty) fall-down afterwards ?
See schema-page-3 -> the drawing of the Score-Motor -> (Impulse, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Index, (Motor)): "1C" must close and do "Relay-Bank Reset".
DANGER (120 VAC) - see schema-page-1: The "Relay-Bank Reset-Coil" is operated by 110 VAC. Look at the drawing -> Score-Motor-1C -> a Switch on Advance-Relay -> a fuse -> coil.
So check the fuse-socket and the Advance-Relay (operating ?) and the "Switch on Advance-Relay" - it has wires soldered-on: Wire-Green and Wire-White. (switch dirty ? Wires soldered on ?) Greetings Rolf

#56 8 years ago

thanks Rolf, yes the 5 ball is different. Been at work today and this evening so didn't have time to check the relays on the relay bar, but I do know the bar does drop and reset, but will have to look at it tomorrow to make sure it's a complete reset. thank you!

#57 8 years ago

Hello again, the relays on the relay bar that don't reset on a new quarter are; H-O-T relay, #2, #4, #5 and #12.
Sometimes everything resets on the playfield except the open Gate. Sometimes the Gate is still open and the earned letters are not reset.

#58 8 years ago

still can't figure this thing out

1 week later
#59 8 years ago

newmantjn, can you tell me at what point does your Hot Line gate close if you don't score it? After a ball, after a game?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pinball-williams-hot-line-help/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.