(Topic ID: 263750)

First pinball machine suggestions for black room

By aueft

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24720149-676B-47E0-9EF4-379590F4ABB2 (resized).jpeg
    dark.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello,

I've been a bit of a pinball head for a while, and I'm thinking that it might be about high time for me to buy a machine for home use. Since it is probably going to be my only pinball machine for the time being, I figure that I should get something fairly modern (mid-eighties and onwards).

The catch is that my living room has a stark black and white interior, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good machines that feature a primarily black color scheme. Or ones that feature a lot of black.

#3 4 years ago

If color is your main consideration, consider Centaur.

#5 4 years ago

Munsters Premium. It's Black and White!

#6 4 years ago

So are you looking for a pin that will match a rooms decor or a game that is fun?

#7 4 years ago

whynotboth.gif
    It's not a deal breaker if I can't find one that matches my ridiculous decor, but I wanted to see if people here knew of any that I'm just not thinking of.

Centaur is a beautiful machine, but I think that it might be a bit too simple since this will be my only machine for now. It also seems a bit pricy for what it is. I am definitely considering it, as it seemed fun to play at least (as far as I could tell - the machine that I played was pretty busted up).

To clarify, I'm not looking for exclusively black and white. I am fine with color. I am just looking for pins where black would be dominant (particularly on the side art / backsplash).

#8 4 years ago

The Addams Family, DE Jurassic Park, Stern Star Trek, Tron, Hobbit (Smaug Edition), Last Action Hero, Centaur, Musters (Premium), Last Action Hero, Swords Of Fury, Terminator 2.

Edit: Removed Star Trek The Next Generation and Twilight Zone due to mechanical complexity and reliability. Great games, but not recommended as a first pin.

#9 4 years ago

Probably the only time I’ll ever recommend this selection of games, but what about Data East Checkpoint, Stern Nascar (I was thinking checkered flags), Stargate, or Genesis?

#10 4 years ago

Stern's Meteor is predominantly black, but still has plenty of color

#11 4 years ago

Meteor is from1979 though .

#12 4 years ago

Diner, Jurrasic Park DE, Flinstones, Comet or Cyclone, High Speed or Getaway, BK2000 are all good choices with alot of black.

#13 4 years ago

... oh and Congo w/ the black and white cabinet.

#14 4 years ago

Lord of the Rings is fairly dark, and all around awesome for home use. I would not be looking at 80s. Think newer!

Bottom line, go to a show/museum and try those listed above and find the one you love and fits your budget.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

... oh and Congo w/ the black and white cabinet.

I vote Congo as well

#19 4 years ago

dark.jpgdark.jpg

#20 4 years ago

Just sneaks into the 80s. Empire strikes back. Not a common game but very black and white cabinet.

24720149-676B-47E0-9EF4-379590F4ABB2 (resized).jpeg24720149-676B-47E0-9EF4-379590F4ABB2 (resized).jpeg
    #21 4 years ago

Pin*bot features a lot of black, and I bought it as my first pin and couldn't be happier. It has a good price point, multiball, ramps, drop targets, while art and music are both great.

#22 4 years ago

If I were you,I'd learn to paint!!!!

#23 4 years ago

I wouldn't recommend a pin based on how it works with the room decor. Just my 2 cents.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from aueft:

Since it is probably going to be my only pinball machine for the time being,

Never heard this before... Just wait my friend

#27 4 years ago

Thanks for all of the recommendations!

Sounds like I have some homework ahead of me to spend some quality time with these pinballs so I can figure out which of these machines really "speaks" to me.

#28 4 years ago

Sopranos

#29 4 years ago

Don’t get anything

#30 4 years ago

Addams Family or Twilight Zone.......

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pinball-machine-suggestions-for-black-room?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.