Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_4270 (resized).JPG
    DSC_4271 (resized).JPG
    _20231119_153740 (resized).JPG
    pp (resized).jpg
    BBD5EFFC-B0F3-4082-A9FB-1A0B1FB0A61D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

The First Pinball Machine Club is a thread dedicated to tips/strategies/discussion about the purchase of your first pinball machine. Congratulations and welcome to the pinball family!

#2 2 years ago

Here’s a guide on how to unbox and setup a new pinball machine.

Please share with friends that may benefit.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

assuming it's a modern game w coil settings... turn down that trough kicker strength!!

Amen! I included that in the video. That’ll save a couple of hundred dollars when going to resell in the future.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tools of the trade:
    Drill with brand new bits to drill out locks
    Socket wrench or drill attachment for 5/8 and 9/16 sockets
    1/4 nut driver (might need to take off the backbox latch on the back of a WPC game)
    Dolly or cart (something good with stairs or trucking through yards)
    Ratchet straps
    Pipe insulation or pool noodles for between the head and game
    Zip lock bags for ball and bolts and other game bits
    Shrink wrap and moving blankets to wrap the game if desired.

I knew you’d be here to help people. You’re a damn fine pinball member Chuck and great tips

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

So I just got my first pin and I'm enjoying it but I'm starting to get a little stressed about all of the inconsistencies/things that could go wrong. Almost makes me not want to turn it on sometimes just because I'm anxious something won't work right.
    Is this just the life of a pinball owner? Constant tweaking and adjusting, cleaning etc or am I being oversensitive because it's all so new?
    It's an Iron Maiden Pro which is a relatively simple table but little things like the ball coming out of the wireform ramp or making some crazy jumps at times has me wondering how often I'll be adjusting things and how much it will affect how the table plays over time.
    Also any advice for which parts I should buy spares of to have on hand now?

We’ve all been there and we are all still here. Good choice for first game, newer stuff is typically less prone to issues that prevent you from having a functioning machine. Here’s the best news though. Anything that may go wrong with your game can be fixed and can be identified. Things can break, things will break, but all of it can be fixed.

Enjoy the hell out of it and worry about issues when they occur.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from horse_cop:

Thank you for the setup video! I'm finally joining the club with Godzilla but I've been kinda nervous for receiving delivery and setup.

You’re gonna love it and hopefully the video will help ya get it going without too much stress.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

I am embarrassed to say that despite having had games for almost 20 years now, I do not understand this advice.
    My Stern games might have this setting, I don't think I have seen it in Bally/Williams. All my games are 90s or newer.
    Where is the setting, and how does this change help?

Like Chuck said, the default on sterns is way too strong for the typical homeowner. Reducing the power of that kickout reduces the wear and tear of that shooter lane substantially

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pinball-machine-club?tu=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.