68%

(68 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210826_133602 (resized).jpg
20210826_133613 (resized).jpg
20210321_143011 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm having a hard time deciding between Avengers Pro and TMNT Pro. Would love to gauge the crowd. For what its worth I also have a Deadpool on order for late 2021/early 2022.

#2 2 years ago

I owned both I still have TMNT and sold Avengers. It depends on what you like. Avengers is a deeper ruleset longer playing game if you're good. TMNT is pretty brutal and fast playing so I personally prefer it.

#3 2 years ago

I don’t think either one of these pins is the best choice to own as a first pin. Get something like a Star Trek Pro. Thank me later!

#4 2 years ago

Not much of a Star Trek fan. Theme kills it.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I owned both I still have TMNT and sold Avengers. It depends on what you like. Avengers is a deeper ruleset longer playing game if you're good. TMNT is pretty brutal and fast playing so I personally prefer it.

I was initially all in on turtles and then saw everyone shit talking the state of the game and Dwights code and lack of finish.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I had both also, still have Turtles, sold Avengers. Turtles can be brutally hard for a new player, but when you start hitting the shots, its tough to beat. Code needs a bit of work still, but mostly in the scoring department. If in a home environment, at least to me, I'm more about the modes and moments - which Turtles has and Avengers lacks. Just my opinion.

#7 2 years ago

Both fun games, but I think you get a bit more fun and value out of TMNT.

#8 2 years ago

I don't own either game, but played both a bunch two weeks ago. I'm now thinking about getting a Avengers Infinity Quest Premium. The way the voting going you may need to buy both.

#9 2 years ago

Thanks everyone! I think I’ll stick with my initial decision to snag TMNT!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

I was initially all in on turtles and then saw everyone shit talking the state of the game and Dwights code and lack of finish.

The Code is good as is, it just could be great.
TMNT is a fun game.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The Code is good as is, it just could be great.
TMNT is a fun game.

That’s great to hear.

1 month later
#12 2 years ago

I had both pros. I traded my Avengers as I'm a casual player and don't have the patience to learn 50 pages or rules. It's a gorgeous game and sounds great with a sub. If you do get it, it's worth getting the topper. I havnt missed it since it's left.
I still have my tmnt and love it. I don't see my tmnt leaving anytime soon. I love all the additional modes you can do like team up, Co op, and vs. Makes it real fun when friends come over.

20210321_143011 (resized).jpg20210321_143011 (resized).jpg
#13 2 years ago

I got to play Avengers at the UK Pinfest on Sunday. Great design, great shooter, stylish presentation, vibrant art. Problem with it is, it's pretty for the sake of being pretty; the art, the lamps and the visual aesthetic don't do a lot to convey what each shot represents, and the screen is constantly bombarding you with real-time information in small type that you haven't a hope of following during play. There's undoubtedly a great game there, but the way you're going to have to learn it is by watching other people play for an extended period of time.

#14 2 years ago

I'd go turtles. Better code, harder game

#15 2 years ago

Holy shit! Neither of these are good first pins, or second or third lol.

Aiq rules kills the fun and turtles is just average game.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I had both pros. I traded my Avengers as I'm a casual player and don't have the patience to learn 50 pages or rules. It's a gorgeous game and sounds great with a sub. If you do get it, it's worth getting the topper. I havnt missed it since it's left.
I still have my tmnt and love it. I don't see my tmnt leaving anytime soon. I love all the additional modes you can do like team up, Co op, and vs. Makes it real fun when friends come over.
[quoted image]

Your frig is open, can I get a drink?

#17 2 years ago

I would skip both AIQ and TMNT, two of my least favorite of the recent Stern spikes.

Had a TMNT LE, sold very quickly. Buddy had TMNT pro, which is better than LE as the ball feeds to upper flipper significantly better on pro, but ultimately wasn’t a huge fan of the game on either edition.

Rules are ok on TMNT, but not the greatest. Game is fairly brutal and layout has some issues. Upper flipper is pretty critical to progressing far and is rather difficult to hit reliably during hurry ups. TMNT Upper flipper is not nearly as repeatable as the warp ramp flipper on ST, or the big loop upper flipper on IMDN.

Lair shot for leveling up your turtle isn’t the greatest feeling shot, rather clunky. Getting your turtle to level 4 is rather difficult, and not rewarding enough for the all effort. The pizza toppings are unbalanced, especially for tournament or multiplayer competition. When you do pull of combos on TMNT its is pretty great, but the upper flipper makes that difficult to repeat consistently. Scoring doesn’t feel rewarding at all.

AIQ is a fantastic layout, and it shoots much better than TMNT in my opinion, but the theme integration/animations are terrible, and the rules are complex. That can be good in a home setting, but I couldn’t get into them.

Deadpool is a masterpiece, as is Iron Maiden.

Jurrasic Park is also great, very good rules, fantastic layout, little bit more difficult of a shooter.

Star Trek might be one of the best beginner pins ever made, killer layout with tons of flow. Rules are a little lacking on ST after you play it a ton, but still a great pin.

Stranger Things with UV kit is also pretty great game now that rules have matured. If you like brutal games, TMNT fits the bill, but I’d much rather play BKSOR pro than TMNT pro if I was looking for a game with shorter ball times.

So many other great games out there that are better than TMNT and AIQ, but thats just my opinion and it doesn’t mean much of anything for what you may like. If you can find any place to play them before you buy/order that would be ideal. Everybody likes different games, and its really difficult to know which games will resonate with you personally until you flip them a bunch.

#18 2 years ago

If I had to pick of your two (I own both), I would go with AIQ if you are a single, TMNT if you have kids. AIQ = Easier shots/Flows better/Deeper code/Great theme/Bad callouts. TMNT Harder shots/lot of stop and go shots/Good theme if you like TMNT/love the 1987 code. TMNT is a lot of fun when you start finding your shots and COOP play for the family is a cool feature too. When I have guests over they prefer AIQ.

20210826_133602 (resized).jpg20210826_133602 (resized).jpg20210826_133613 (resized).jpg20210826_133613 (resized).jpg
#19 2 years ago

I think TMNT is really underrated but I also love TMNT. AIQ is a dream to shoot but the rules are a little complex. I do think the pros are the way to go on both and some of the better new titles from stern. I would go TMNT then AIQ.

Deadpool is also fun but the callouts drive me insane especially baby DP. Maiden, another great choice just crippled by the theme imo but if you can deal with that (or actually like that music, you need to buy it asap).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 34.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-turtles-pro-vs-avengers-infinity-quest-pro?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.