• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1050781 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ItsBwalt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey Guys,

I picked up my first ever pinball machine, a HUO RBION and I love it. I don't know very much about pinball machines yet but I want to learn. I've had it for a few weeks and it was working 100% but tonight the ripleys scoop quit registering. When I hit it in it has to go in ball search to get the ball back. What's my steps in solving this? Do I need to run a diagnostic first? Sorry for the noobness!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...yes RBION has a tricky little switch in that scoop. And really, there are 2 scoops right there so don't get confused.
Here's what they look like, now look at yours and make sure the wiring is correct. Then go in the menu and enter diagnostics, tests, switch test and you can manually press the metal down to activate the switch and see if the game beeps and recognizing the switch working.
If it does register, you need to adjust the switch. You can use a little screwdirver or needle nose pliers to bent the metal arm so it registers better. You can also loosen one of those little nuts and move the switch around a bit. You just have to fiddle with it...its' a bit of an art. Do NOT over tighten those little nuts/screws though as that can stop a switch from working as well.

Haha thanks guys!! Okay before I go poking... Do I need to worry about getting zapped hahaha I feel like with the game on I'm gonna get zapped! Lmao

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No you wont get zapped if you LEAVE THE COIN DOOR OPEN; That will cut off the high power. You should be able to do all your testing by hand with the game on, raise and lower the playfield just fine. You take a somwhat small risk of doing damage to the game when working with the power on and tools in your hand if they make a bridge between some things...so just be careful not touching too many things down there. Stay focused at the task and area at hand.
If this is your first time working on a Stern machine, puling the playfield out and pushing it back in there is a small lip it will travel over. This means the game wont slide easily all the way down...it will hit a small barrier and you'll have give it a little push to make it over. That's normal.

Hahaha thanks man! I've had the playfield up a few times and got it in and out successfully. I'M GOIN IN!! I'll report back haha. Once again I really appreciate the pics and info! Love pinside

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ItsBwalt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-scoop-not-registering?tu=ItsBwalt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.