(Topic ID: 11930)

FIRST PIN (Oh, man...sooo excited!!!)

By RyanClaytor

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8240.gif
    5190.gif
    ONGEIN_NL_happiness.gif
    225yusw9yu84.gif
    Wayne.jpeg
    unloadingc.jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Alright, this is gonna be a good deal of gushing, but I JUST BECAME A FIRST-TIME PIN-OWNER!!! AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Ha-ha!

I've been hunting for a Whirlwind for about a year now and finally got my hands on one yesterday (you can see it set-up in my newly updated gameroom pic).

Anyhow, just wanted to share the pin-noob enthusiasm. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go post some more high-scores.

unloadingc.jpgunloadingc.jpg

Also want to send out a big thank you to PMWolf for all his help, knowledge, and mentoring along the way. Big-time good-guy alert! (He's also selling a SW Ep 1 if you're interested. ...just sayin'.)

#2 12 years ago

Very nice! Congrats!!!

Whirlwind is a fun pin, especially for your first!

#3 12 years ago

That's a great first pin! I'm jealous but in a good way. Congrats!

#4 12 years ago

Congratulations!!

#5 12 years ago

Hey no apologies needed, Gush away! I remeber when I got my first pin, wow! I had to tell everyone and really couldn't fathom why they were not as excited as I was! Glad you got it and you made a very good choice, WW is down right good fun!

#6 12 years ago

Congrats!!! Great pin!!!

#7 12 years ago

Rick471,

Thanks a bunch. Man, you've got a solid half-dozen pins. Your gameroom reads like my short-list of pins to purchase next! Ha-ha!

Davewth,

No reason to be jealous with a line-up like that! Thanks for chiming in!

Scooter,

Many thanks!

RWH,

Yah, I figured if anybody would understand it would be you guys here. Thanks for stopping by!!!

#8 12 years ago

rkelley17,

Thanks so much! I totally agree. Ha-ha! ...and you too, by the way! I've had a ton of fun playing SM on route.

#9 12 years ago

I love these "I finally found my first pin!" threads! The joy in your pic is very obvious and reminds me of my first acquisitions in the pin hobby. Priceless!

Enjoy your new Whirlwind, it's a super fun game.

#10 12 years ago

Congrats, i love whirlwind. We joined the club in the same week.

#11 12 years ago

Congratulations. Whirlwind was my 2nd pin, and is the one I play the most. It never gets boring to me. Like everything about the game. Having fun adding LEDs to it.

#12 12 years ago

Awesome game, congrats!!

#13 12 years ago

so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now what are you looking for as #2 ?

#14 12 years ago

Welcome to the pinball club! That is absolutely an awesome first game to get =) They can pry just about any other machine I own away from me, but Whirlwind isn't going anywhere unless I find another one in nicer shape!

#15 12 years ago

Congrats and welcome to Pinside. Great game. I can tell from the picture that you are starting to get the fever, so better make room for another one. Thats the only known cure.

#16 12 years ago

Great first pin...I love WW.....and from the pics looks like you do too!

#17 12 years ago

Hahaha, great photo!
    Get that baby indoors before Whirlwind's balls start to freeze- nobody likes frosty balls...
    Great first pin Ryan, like the others above me stated, it's only a matter of time before Whirlwind gets a brother/sister!

Party on RC!

Wayne.jpegWayne.jpeg

#18 12 years ago

Congrats! Whirlwind was my first pin when I got back into the hobby, its great pin.

#19 12 years ago

Jobi,
    How exciting!!! Congrats to you too! I've never played Xenon before, but wow, what a fantastic art package! (I love me some Paul Ferris artwork.)

mulder2010,
    Great to hear about your WW! I'm glad to hear folks are not tiring of theirs. I certainly haven't of mine yet. Ha-ha! ...hate to be the debby-downer, but I'm not a big fan of LED's. *cringe*

tomdotcom,
    Thanks a bunch! Nice to see you around the forums here again.

Whysnow,
    Ha-ha! Oh, man...it's gonna be a while before I can realistically start thinking about my next pin. We'll see how my tastes evolve over the next year or so. Hopefully by then I'll be able to raise the dough for my next one.

acebathound,
    AWESOME!!! That is so encouraging to hear. I feel the same way right now, but wasn't sure if it was just my noob-thusiasm clouding my vision.

Silverballer,
    And the cure for pin #2 must be a third, right? *LOL*

Wickedquickss,
    You could tell, huh? Ha-ha!

NimblePin,
    Yah, I'm a relatively new Michigander (about 3.5 years now) so it was a little nerve-wracking moving my new baby on a snowy day. When I found out we were going to have inclement weather on my new pin day I was like:

225yusw9yu84.gif225yusw9yu84.gif

But thankfully we managed to keep her dry.

#20 12 years ago

ssathre,
    Many thanks for the encouraging words!

#21 12 years ago

awesome 1st pin. ww is one of my grail pins. enjoy.

#22 12 years ago

Congrats! I love that game. Best music EVER.

#23 12 years ago

Congrats! I love WW.

Start making room for pin number 2.

#24 12 years ago

Congrats! Like almost everyone else, I am looking for a whirlwind too. Thanks for sharing that great pic. We share in your happiness.

#25 12 years ago

Awesome, that pin will always give you that feeling, the indescribable feeling of how cool it feels to have a pinball. Enjoy!

#26 12 years ago

Congrats on your first pin, a very exciting day! WW is a great game, and from what I can see that one looks to be in nice condition. Enjoy! I remember when I got my first pin, I played it till about 3:00am the next day. Nothing like having pinball at home.

#27 12 years ago

mrgone,
    Ha-ha! Me too! I feel like it took me long enough to find.

doublestack,
    Totally! I'm already sing the general theme when I'm not playing. *L*

RobT,
    Thanks! ...and start making room in the bank account is more like it. Ha-ha!

mminnoch,
    I feel your pain! My quest to find a WW took me a year! Well worth it, though. I wish you all the best with finding yours!

ovfdfireman,
    It's so true. I've played it several times at several locations over the past year, even at times when I was so exhausted and ready to go home after a long day. At the time I thought to myself, "Maybe this will be the one time I'll hate Whirlwind, and then I can broaden my search to some different titles." To my surprise it still made me feel like this:

ONGEIN_NL_happiness.gifONGEIN_NL_happiness.gif

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Nothing like having pinball at home.

PNBLWZD,
    ...or FORTY-SIX!!! WOW! Now that's something to aspire to. Congrats on your impressive collection, and thanks so much for stopping by to comment.

#29 12 years ago

Whirlwind never gets old.....

#30 12 years ago

Wow WW was my first pin also,and still have it 6 years later.
    Game is a little deeper then most system 11 games I,ve played.
    The mega door bonus and the air raid siren are two things that take
    skill, and are fun to acheive.ENJOY!!!

#31 12 years ago

Congrats...... Cant wait for 6 months to a year from now when your posting how you drove 8-10 hours though a snowstorm to add pin #7 to your collection. I always say I'm out of space for a machine and somehow I find room for one more.

Chris

Al's Garage Band World Tour, HMM, GNR, TRS, Time Machine DE, Riverboat Gambler, CFTBL, Southpark, Sopranos, R&B, Slugfest, NBAFB, Mousin Around, Rock Encore, AC/DC LTBRLE.

#32 12 years ago

yeesh! some of you guys get some of the best pins for a first one, I still got my EM.

#33 12 years ago

Nice score

#34 12 years ago

Congrats! that is a great pin on of my favs.

#35 12 years ago

NY2Colorado,
    Hasn't for me so far!

romulusx,
    Huh! Never heard of the mega-door bonus. ...and how does one achieve the air raid siren? I'll have to start looking into this. Thanks for the tips, though!

ChrisS,
    Ha-ha! I'm already starting the build up the fund for #2.

toyotaboy,
    Ain't nothin' wrong with a little EM love. I did wait around a good solid year to find my WW, though. My game title focus was pretty narrow.

HELLODEADCITY,
    Thanks so much! It's in pretty great shape!

mojozone,
    ME TOO!!!
    5190.gif5190.gif
    Thanks for chiming in.

#36 12 years ago

Congrats!

I remember the feeling...a few months ago. It doesn't dull with the second, third, fourth, fifth, .....you get the idea.

Clear the basement out, because you're going to need the room.

#37 12 years ago

WTG for you! And please don't apologize for your enthusiasm...I get that way EACH time a new one comes through the door.

I am doing first NIB this year.... I will gush, too!

#38 12 years ago

Fireball is right, clear the basement, you'll be adding more soon......

#39 12 years ago

Firebaall,
    Ha-ha! I've got a wedding coming up this summer. I'd better lock-down the little lady before I start clearing out the basement. *LOL*

The_Gorilla,
    Thanks, T_G! ...and how exciting about the NIB! What's it gonna be???

#40 12 years ago

iceman44,
    See comment @Firebaall above.

#41 12 years ago

I'd be excited too, that one is on my wishlist. I see you squoze it in right next to your drawing table, that baby is gonna be calling your name while you're trying to work! Saw your avatar and noticed you are a comic artist, very cool to have new creative minds around here.

#42 12 years ago

you know nothing goes with a WW Like a real nice Earthshaker!

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

(He's also selling a SW Ep 1 if you're interested. ...just sayin'.)

I wish I had the money for SW Ep 1!

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

What's it gonna be???

I have WOZ in my future.

#45 12 years ago

FlipperMagician,
    Good observation! We'll see how wise of a decision it was for me to cram my new distraction right next to my work station. *a little worried* ...and thanks for the welcoming comments! Much appreciated. BTW, I noticed you were from Atascadero. Are you a former greyhound? I grew up a Santa Ynez Pirate and played you guys in a number of sporting events!!! Small world!

Wickedquickss,
    Even despite being from California, I can't say I'm a huge Earthshaker fan. Heh-heh. Sorry. I love Pat Lawlor's work, but that's probably one of my least favorite pins he's done.

scooter,
    It goes for a lot less than either of the pins in your collection. Just sayin'.

The_Gorilla,
    Wha--?

8240.gif8240.gif

That is incredible!!! I have been watching the updates and drooling. SO happy for you!!!

#46 12 years ago

Glad I could be there for your first pin-buying experience.

The absolute exuberance is pretty catchy. It is always a good reminder of why I love this hobby.

We've hooked another one, folks.

#47 12 years ago

pmWolf!!!

Great to see you on this thread. Thanks so much for all your help!!! Now if I can just get some work done around here. (Not likely this weekend.)

#48 12 years ago

Man, I remember that feeling. Good on you!!!

#49 12 years ago

Congrats on your first pin. Whirlwind is a great pin to have. Sadly, I have it on the PS3 Williams Collection. One day...

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I noticed you were from Atascadero. Are you a former greyhound? I grew up a Santa Ynez Pirate and played you guys in a number of sporting events!!! Small world!

Agreed, small world but no, didn't attend AHS...Grew up in Grass Valley, CA and was a Bear River Bruin before moving to Bowling Green, KY. Finished out my junior and senior year as a Greenwood Gator. Ended up here in Atascadero a couple years after high school when my mom inherited grandma's house.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-oh-mansooo-excited/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.