Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by CoupDeTat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Thinking about buying a monte Carlo (1987) tomorrow, wondering what u guys think of this pin? Will be looking at it tomorrow, right now he says $600 and apparently the roulette wheel works!

#2 12 years ago

Never played it, but for that price, you shouldn't loose money on it. Go get it!!

#3 12 years ago

Looks fun, and worth $600 if it's working and not totally trashed. Dirty pf's can be cleaned up, rubbers replaced easily and cheaply. Worn spots are tougher to fix, although they may not bother you, esp. if it's a player's game. Don't think I've ever actually played this game!

#4 12 years ago

I think its a great game. I've owned one for six months and play it daily. I love drop targets, so I am probably a little biased. Not much resale value, but I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Be sure to look up "ground mods gottlieb system 80b". A few simple fixes and this game will probably be one of the most reliable you will ever own.

1 month later
#5 12 years ago

i have played this game and i love it and i want it can you sell it to me

#6 12 years ago

The roulette wheel is an area of concern even if it works, as I do not believe you can get any parts for it, I could be wrong but I do know a buddy of mine had a very hard time getting it fixed, he had to have someone fabricate the little leaf switches inside by hand. He had a tough sell in this area at $500, I believe he ended up closer to $400 when it sold.

#7 12 years ago

It sold for 5 but barley. You could find someone with a poker room like I did and push it on em. It's a pretty bad game. The point system is jacked with a ten million ramp. Basically if you hit the ramp when it's on you gets high score. It was pretty fun to play with a couple I dudes gamblin a dollar a game but wouldn't want it to play by myself.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from And33p:

Thinking about buying a Monte Carlo (1987) tomorrow, wondering what u guys think of this pin? Will be looking at it tomorrow, right now he says $600 and apparently the roulette wheel works!

Monte Carlo is shallow and not an easy resell. It is fun for a few plays and that is about it. I had one with the original working topper and it was a tough sell at $400. $600 is way too much in the midwest. You are in Canada and it seems all pins cost more up there, so it probably isn't as bad, but you will tire of it quickly.

#9 12 years ago

This quote from IPDB sums it up for me perfectly.

"if I had this (which I never would) the first thing I'd do is cover the backglass /// then, after a few games I'd cover the rest of the game /// g61z7"

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from And33p:

Thinking about buying a Monte Carlo

This pin was in questionable condition, when me and D33per went to look at it we could barley get the pf up, it was wedged in by the cabinet. We walked away happy she didn't take our extremely low counter offer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Las Vegas, NV
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-monte-carlo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.