New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 239972)

First Pin: Modern Stern or Respected Classic (sameish price)

By catch20two

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago

I was in your situation when I started too, spend my entire budget on 1 NIB Stern or buy a couple games. Canadian pricing for NIB is pretty high ($7700+13% taxes from the dealers here). For around $1.5k less than that I got a pair of games (Jurassic Park and Getaway).

With the current market, even if you get bored of your games, you can sell them at break even a few months down the road or trade them for something else.

If you have the space I think getting a pair of used games will give you a bit more lasting power vs 1 Stern, plus then you and your wife can play at the same time.

If you can only have one though, I'd probably buy a deep rule set Stern. I played Ghostbusters for a solid week when we had it at work and it is a hard game with the flipper gap and the Scoleri brothers pop ups. Deadpool looks good though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside