Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jdoz2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am looking to buy my first pin and found a Laser War for 900. Since I am new to the hobby I wanted to see if this a decent pin for the price. I am excited to jump into the hobby but do not want to fall for a trap of over paying for a bad pin. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Yes, absolutely a great game. Under rated IMHO. I did a shop/repair job on one of these. Lots of fun. Worth $900 absolutely as long as it is working 100%.

#3 9 years ago

That's not a very good game, and not a very good price to be honest. If it was sub 500 I would recommend it. Look on this group or rgp for a fair deal, I'm sure there's somebody close to you that would give you a fair deal.

#4 9 years ago

Oh crap, I retract my last statement. I was thinking of laser ball. Geez oh Pete's. Probably not to bad of a deal if fully working or really nice. Todd

#5 9 years ago

You found this locally?

You NEVER want to buy your first pin mail order.

Do you know how to look for battery damage?

Laser War is kinda a good first game because you can use Williams powersupply, flipper board and display board - so those parts are commonly available.

Price wise I'd want to pay less, unless it is a near perfect example.

#6 9 years ago

This machine will be local, I am not ready to think about the shipping of a pin yet. I have read and looked at images online that talk about battery damage so I have an idea of what I am looking for. Thanks for the advice so far.

#7 9 years ago

I had this as my second pin and I loved it and miss it. 900 is top of the mark if it's in good shape and the ramp is nice.

#8 9 years ago

We have owned one for about 4 years and it is a fun game. Three or four times we have moved it from the gameroom (to make some space) and took it up to the garage thinking we were ready to sell it and move on to something else and every time we pull it from our line up we end up bring it back before listing it for sale because we miss it.

Great light show - lots of fun to play - and a great under $1000 machine. Depending on condition I would call it a $800 to $1000 machine so at $900 price is fair but not a super deal.

#9 9 years ago

Great pin for the price IMO. I would expect it to be fully working and clean/nice @ $900.

#10 9 years ago

For a price comparison, I sold mine for $900 that had LEDs, x-pin displays, completely shopped out, flipper rebuild, new rubbers, and new caps everywhere. Ramp was not perfect, but it was clean and 100% working. Yep, I lost money on that one, hahaha. I am happy if I can break even. I just enjoy working on them.

#11 9 years ago

I think I sold one in good condition shopped out and fully working for 700 last year. 900 is really top dollar so you better be sure it's in great shape and fully working.

#12 9 years ago

Laser war was my second game and I absolutely recommend it. Great game for the price and has a simple yet challenging ruleset. Great light show too. I also sold mine for $700, but could see paying $900 if it was really nice and had LEDs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-laser-war and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.