• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lordringseye.gif
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hooray!!! So excited to have first pin in the house! A beautiful LOTR!!! We couldn't be happier and look forward to picking up our WOZLE next week! It is a amazing time to start this hobby!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

congrats! wow, what a great first pin. enjoy it.

#3 10 years ago

A pin the whole family can love..!! Great first pin, and another is just around the corner.
Congrats and enjoy, it look's beautiful.!!
Love how the kids are looking and saying..."oooooooh, aaahhhhhhhh, wooooowww"

#4 10 years ago

Lucky! Congrats, I'm way jealous.

#5 10 years ago

Congrats! One of the best there is.

Edit: Also, if it doesn't already have them, there are different protectors and things you may want to install to help protect the game. There is plenty of info on pinside about it.

Edit2: Here you go:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-mods

There are also some links in this thread you can follow to other good threads.

#6 10 years ago

Congrats, its a great pin.

#7 10 years ago

Nice choice. It's a great pin. Just put a LED kit in my LOTR today, then me and my daughter played for an hour.

#8 10 years ago

you will love WOZ!

#9 10 years ago

Killer pin, good luck destroying the ring, its a blast..let us know when u make it to valinor..congrats on a awesome game!!!looks super sweet with mirror blades installed...

#10 10 years ago

Hey,

That's a heck of a way to start out the collection. Congrats!

Luke

#11 10 years ago

Excellent choice for your first pinball.
Congrats, I am sure it will bring you years of enjoyment.

#12 10 years ago

Congrats on the first of many pins

#13 10 years ago

Cool shot of the kids congrats

#14 10 years ago

Congrats! Was our family's first pin as well. Enjoy, and welcome to the hobby!

#15 10 years ago

Wow...........Starting out with LOTR is like getting a Mercedes for your first car. That game makes most games look bad.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Wow...........Starting out with LOTR is like getting a Mercedes for your first car. That game makes most games look bad.

agreed 1000%

#17 10 years ago

Are all those kids yours? You're so fertile. Also, nice game

#18 10 years ago

Congrats! Was my first pin as well!! You and your family will love it.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks for all the positive feed back! I seen LOTR on you tube and knew that was going to be our first pin! It is amazing!!!! After all the kids went to bed I found myself obsessively wiping off all the finger prints and played for half the night ALONE! Loved it! No those are not ALL my kids....I am missing a couple we have 9 kids 5 girls /4 boys. My 13 Yr old daughter is kicking all our butts hogging high score! My 3 yr old Daughter has been playing all day and loves it! I can't believe we finally have a pin the house we ALL love pinball!! I told my husband after we set it up that we have to start moving the furniture out of the living room to make room for more pins till we move into our new house with a game room..I figure no one will notice sitting on the floor while they are looking at all the epic pinballness around them! LOL A very exciting day in our house

#20 10 years ago

Well, you realize you're going to have to have at least one pin per kid, right?

#21 10 years ago

This is one you may have forever...congrads..great choice for your first pin

#22 10 years ago

Oh, I'd say you have good taste, sir. Congrats!

#23 10 years ago

Way to go ManiacMama! Good times for the family.
Should be a great holiday season for you and the kids.
I bet they will get their chores done and homework done if they want to play LOTR.

#24 10 years ago

9 kids.....I am tired just thinking about that......

#25 10 years ago

9 kids.... Wow!

#26 10 years ago

Awesome First pin! It was planned to be my first but Family Guy showed up unexpectedly so it ended up being number 2.

And wow on 9 kids! Good luck finding time to play it.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

9 kids.... Wow!

......and now thanks to LOTR they'll have another option on what to do at night! j/k

Awesome game you and the kids will enjoy this deep ruleset game for a very long time. Enjoy!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from ManiacMama:

No those are not ALL my kids....I am missing a couple we have 9 kids 5 girls /4 boys.

They have long winters in Canada.

#29 10 years ago

Do you that LOTR is too serious a pin for kids? Kind of stuck between LOTR, TAF, IJ and Simpsons...

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_101:

Do you that LOTR is too serious a pin for kids? Kind of stuck between LOTR, TAF, IJ and Simpsons...

I'd go Addams Family there if I were looking for just one. LOTR would be my choice for ME though.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_101:

Well, it's not happy-go-lucky, but it's not as violent as the movies. I think it's just fine for a family.

#32 10 years ago

Very nice first choice.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh, I'd say you have good taste, sir.

Not a sir....
Great machine!!

lordringseye.giflordringseye.gif
#34 10 years ago

Way to go, congrats!

This is what the hobby is all about. Really glad the kids love it!

#35 10 years ago

Congrats! Great choice on your first pin. It was mine too. I picked up a LOTR LE for my 40th birthday present. 1 1/2 years later LOTR spawn 7 new friends. The addiction got me bad.

So glad to hear that all of your kids are loving it too. It really is an amazing game. Outstanding rules and theme integration.

#36 10 years ago

Make sure you lock the coindoor and keep the key. You don't want curious little hands reaching into that machine and getting a shock of a lifetime.

Just had to say this - who could keep track of that many kids?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from ManiacMama:

Thanks for all the positive feed back! I seen LOTR on you tube and knew that was going to be our first pin! It is amazing!!!! After all the kids went to bed I found myself obsessively wiping off all the finger prints and played for half the night ALONE! Loved it! No those are not ALL my kids....I am missing a couple we have 9 kids 5 girls /4 boys. My 13 Yr old daughter is kicking all our butts hogging high score! My 3 yr old Daughter has been playing all day and loves it! I can't believe we finally have a pin the house we ALL love pinball!! I told my husband after we set it up that we have to start moving the furniture out of the living room to make room for more pins till we move into our new house with a game room..I figure no one will notice sitting on the floor while they are looking at all the epic pinballness around them! LOL A very exciting day in our house

Congratulations, but you know it wont stop at one pin don't you. Pretty soon you will have 10 of them.

#38 10 years ago

Congrats. My favorite pin.

#39 10 years ago

You have chosen wisely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-in-the-house-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.